1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

Thanks Gary for your support and donation (received OK). Sorry I’ve not been able to sort out a hockey tournament yet, as all my time has been spent sorting this fund raising venture out. I was really pleased to receive your post though - Ta. Will be seeing Bald Stu next week about a possible Nov/Dec tournament.

Thanks also to Kris Holm for your encouragement and kind donation.

What an adventure, I guess that this is a reasonable reason not to be going to Joe Marshall’s weekend.

Have sent donation through bank transfer, all the best.

What?! Surely Joe’s weekend would be a nice gentle wind-down before setting off! I don’t know, part-timers… :slight_smile:

Yes it would have been. I’m really disappointed I won’t be there, as I know it will be a great weekend. I fly out to Kathmandu a couple of days afterwards, so I thought I’d better spend that last weekend with my family. After all I won’t be seeing them for 5 1/2 weeks.

Anyway, thanks for more generous donations from;
Ian Stockwell
Phil Himsworth
Mark Wiggins
Geoff Huntley

Keep them coming in. We have enough to build 1/2 a primary school so far, which is fantastic.

Phil; hope to see you over the weekend at VanFest.

Steve

Good luck Steve - I’m quite jealous.

Rob

I’m being interviewed for TV (Granada Reports) Wednesday morning, so will post on how it goes.

Thanks Andy & Irene for your donation - received it OK.

Steve

Just seen the article about what you are doing in todays Daily Mirror.

Good luck with the trip, I’m sure you will have a great time.

Plumsie

Not only The Daily Mirror but The Sun, The Metro and Manchester Evening News :slight_smile:

You missed out The Daily Telegraph!

You missed the link Mike

Do you have any idea how many people have come up to me today and said “Hey, have you seen that unicyclist in the paper who’s riding down Everest?”

Excellent publicity.

apologies, I’m at work and you know what my boss is like… :roll_eyes:

And Into the blue: I’m sorry, I don’t. how many?

Umm… four.

But that’s four more than normal!

Also on Gizmodo.com

How’s your server holding up :wink:

I can’t get over all of the press. Even my non-unicycle friends are writing to ask if I knew about this.

The Gizmodo comments are pretty rough. I guess if you can’t do it, criticize it.

Uh oh…
You made FARK.

A few sightings of uni-folks around, usual dumb “where’s your other wheel” comments. etc…

May you have a beautiful ride Steve!

:]

I’ve just heard its going to be in the Guardian Newspaper (UK) Tuesday. Possibly on newslite.tv as well.

I’ve also made London Cycling Campaign news

I’m excited just wondering where the article will pop up next.

Steve

yeah a mate of mine showed me a clipping too today at work

its huge exposure really- great for the sport!

The Guardian article is here

Paul