1.2m(4 feet) drop on a hard surface.

Yesterday, I was practicing a riding on a downslope.
Because I have found decent slope in front of some bank,
I enjoyed riding on the slope.

At about last attempt, but I slipped on top of the slope.
And my body was on the air.
Very nice drop…
on my right buttock…

Because my ass is about 0.9 m from my feet and my is on the
air about 0.3 m considering the height of hub.
Yesterday’s drop was 1.2meter(4 feet).:smiley:

Very much pain in the ass. But the worse is embrassing in front
of the public.:stuck_out_tongue:

Result? big bruise on my ass.
Maybe i need this.

snow_protectivegear_l.gif

To start this off I want to say that you really shouldn’t swear. It isn’t appropriate or nesessary, also no offense is intended but I could not understand half of what you were saying in that post as it was quite difficult to understand, i am not sure if this is because you are new to speaking english(your avatar says Location:KOREA) or if it is plain bad grammar either way I could not understand half of what you were saying. I dont think you need those buttocks pads I would use a better snowoarding brand that has flat paneled cushions and a not so bulky range.

_Eric

P.S. Could you write back in order for me to understand this message?

Thats a little overkill for me.
Just practice your drops.

I see no swear!

he said @$$ in that message which is cursing/swearing/cussing which is not to be spoken on this forum.

oh… i never regarded that as a swear! OK!

Misunderstandings.

Maybe there is serious misunderstandings.
Although I’m not a fluent english speaker, I’m sure that I not using any bad word.
My assumption? Maybe encoding problem.
Sometimes, there can be an encoding problem in internet explorer
that show diffent letter in different language version.

Re: Misunderstandings.

There is nothing wrong with your post. “Ass” is not that bad of a word. It is not a word that you use in polite company, but it is not a bad word.

Your English is much better than what I can manage in a second language. Don’t let the language barrier keep you from posting. I have enjoyed the pictures and videos of the Korean riders.

I think everyone who rides has had a fall where they land flat on their butt. It is a right of passage for unicyclists. When riding off-road the memorable falls are the ones where your feet slip off the pedals while going downhill and you end up unintentionally coasting down the hill. It is a guarantee of an interesting crash, and a good chance of landing flat on your butt if you don’t hit a tree first.

Roach makes shorts that include pads for the tailbone and hips. You could also add similar pads to most other shorts by sewing in Velcro fasteners and adding foam pads. The pads in the Roach shorts are held in place with Velcro.
<http://www.roachclothing.com/products/rally.php>

Another alternative is to eat a lot to add natural padding to your rear. :slight_smile:

Doc

I got you loud and clear too, there is nothing wrong with your english. In fact its probably better than mine, and I’m a native speaker. (I know it’s sad… )

And Catboy come one, Ass… You know you say alot worse than that, maybe not in the forum but in everyday conversations with your friends. If not I’m sorry for you your leading a life thats waaaay too sheltered. I think they even say Ass on TV now-a-days.

Mr Nutz

Re: 1.2m(4 feet) drop on a hard surface.

> Maybe there is serious misunderstandings.

No. I did not even think English was your second language
when I read your post. I am used to virtually illiterate posts
from many native English speakers. Yours was much better.
I wish I could be half as coherent in Japanese (a hobby of
mine).

It is difficult to imagine why anyone would find your words
offensive. When I said “arse” recently no one complained.
I fell on my coccyx, which I believe hurts a good deal more
than a bruise on the rump - just get out and practice more…
Still hurting now as a matter of fact. :frowning:

> My assumption? Maybe encoding problem.

That’s funny. Next time a rude word appears in one of
my posts, I’m going to blame “disturbances in the Force”. :slight_smile:

Arnold the Aardvark

Re: 1.2m(4 feet) drop on a hard surface.

Arnold the Aardvark wrote:
> I did not even think English was your second language
> when I read your post. I am used to virtually illiterate posts
> from many native English speakers.
>
> It is difficult to imagine why anyone would find your words
> offensive.

LOL.

When I pulled up this thread, I noticed that Alan had replied. I saw
that the original poster had landed on his backside and figured that
would be why Alan had joined the discussion - since he’d done similar on
one of our recent rides. As the thread progressed, I changed my mind. I
just knew Alan would be forced to defend the use of English by a
non-native-English-speaker and reject the suggestion that “ass” is a
swear word too vile for this discussion.

Al, I’m getting to know you too well. I am about to seek professional
help. :wink:

Regards,
Mark.

Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|
Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O

Re: 1.2m(4 feet) drop on a hard surface.

> Al, I’m getting to know you too well. I am about to seek professional
> help. :wink:

You were right for both reasons, though perhaps I overdid the “defense
of English” part.

Getting back to the unicycling: I have plenty of natural padding, John, but
the
distribution does not protect the coccyx from an exposed root between
the cheeks ;-). And everywhere else you just get bigger bruises. I quite
like
the idea of better protection in the shorts but, OTOH, my fall was
particularly
unlucky, and (apparently) lightening doesn’t strike the same place twice. I
hope not - sitting has been a whole lot of not much fun recently…

I wonder if I can get the Roach shorts over here.

Arnold the Aardvark

1.2m(4 feet) drop on a hard surface.

First of all, …

What drop onto anything except water is not a drop onto a hard surface? :smiley:

Second…

Catboy,

Considering your indecipherable spelling in many of your posts, you are not one to lecture another on clarity!

In other words…

You have to cut the non-native-English posters some slack!

I had no trouble understanding Doctor’s post, and I don’t think he did any swearing. Maybe “pain in the ass” is a little strong, but it doesn’t mention the name of God, and he didn’t type the “F” word.

Re: 1.2m(4 feet) drop on a hard surface.

I fear hitting my coccyx or ‘tail-bone’ more than just about any other type of injury. While some may scoff, I considered wearing shorts like those back when I Cokered frequently (sadly disrupted by an unrelated injury). Sholder and hip injuries from falls as well as the always present possibility of being hit by a car when Cokering can make apparel like these appealing. Those shorts might make a good combo with this:

-Christopher

661_press_back.jpg

Re: Re: 1.2m(4 feet) drop on a hard surface.

Next time I go trials riding I intend to be wearing a full suit of knight’s armour. I’d like to see pedal pins get through that…

Phil, just me

I understood the post perfectly. Do a search for : @$$, and i got 8 pages, 25 threads a page, that’s 200 @$$es. And many of these were in the title. I d’ont think this is a bad word at all, just lay off! i d’ont know why people are trying to have such perfect grammar on this forum, but it really gets quite annoying. A similar search on the word “grammar” turned up 44 pages. This is really sad. Are we in school or something? If something really isn’t understandable, then say so, but if not just relax! and especially if it’s not their first language. well, that’s all i have to say.

-Ryan

If I land a fall like that on my ass, I’d be lucky not to swear! I’d also be lucky if I don’t throw the unicycle down the slope…and kicked it a few times. :smiley: Hmm…full night armour…sounds good. Maybe next Unicon, it could be a whole new event. The joust?

Re: 1.2m(4 feet) drop on a hard surface.

gluteous maximus <gluteous.maximus.h1qom@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

> any swearing. Maybe “pain in the ass” is a little strong, but it
> doesn’t mention the name of God, <SNIP>

“He said Jehovah! Stone him!” - MPLOB

What’s wrong with having a pain in your (donkey/stupid person)
anyway?

Paul
(pretending to be ignorant of Leftpondianisms…)

Paul Selwood
paul@vimes.u-net.com http://www.vimes.u-net.com

I decided to make a prototype of my new trials armour. Here is me wearing it, it decreases any chances of seeing anything but it is very strong and protects your whole body.

weapons sold seperately