Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycling Articles and Tutorials

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-07-02, 11:27 AM   #16
crosseyed
Rolls for lol's.

just snap both legs back in as quick as you can, even if it's on the cranks, that's what i did and i learnt to control it and get better technique. it really helps once you land your first one, no matter how sketchy it is, you get the feel for landing 1 still. good luck!
Old 2009-07-06, 03:29 PM   #17
tmoyer
slc uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni novice View Post
hey I want to thank you guys for the help. Also tmoyer thanks for the advice. Actually I've gotten very good at that. I can do no footers very well. I can kick my feet way out and land them back in. Today I had one foot completely on the pedal and the other foot just nicked it. I'm a slow learner, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to start landing them soon. I'll post a vid once I get it....thanks guys.
Nice - it sounds like you're ready. I expect you'll land it soon.

I landed my first unispins to seat-in. It's a bit easier that way. You have to start with the seat facing backwards, of course. Once you get a few that way, then you'll have the confidence to get both feet onto the pedals when trying them SIF.

)-OTGTrials-

)--360unispin08--O
tmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 09:59 PM   #18
96erik
Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to 96erik
It took me 2,5 years to learn it
96erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:03 PM   #19
uni novice
<> Unicycle for Christ<>

tmoyer I think your slightly physcic I just landed my first 9 uni spins SIF 15 minutes ago The funny thing is, I would have been failing for the next 12 months if not for my mom. My mom actually solved the problem. She was videoing me doing them and she goes Hunter (my name) your not spinning the unicycle in a full 180 degrees. I started spinning it a little harder and it eliminated all of my old problems. Another thing was is my body seemed to flail, now it stays centered over the unicycle and I can land a unispin about 1 out of 3 attempts. Oh and also I land my spins on the pedals and not on the cranks, but about the first three spins my left foot did rest slightly on the crank. My mind clicked and now I can land them....SUCCESS. HOORAY, I am so happy. THANKS GUYS A WHOLE BUNCH.
Old 2009-07-09, 11:08 PM   #20
uni novice
<> Unicycle for Christ<>

Oh I wanted to ask you guys something, I for some reason knew I was going to land a unispin today so I had my mom video me. Well I only had about two minutes thirty seconds of video and in about the last 20 seconds I got a really borderline uni spin, I jumped flicked out and landed slightly on the pedals. I hopped twice sideways trying to gain composure, but I then fell off. The video ran out of film and I landed my first real uni spin about a minute later. so here is the Q: should I count that first partial unispin as my first uni spin? Because then I have it on video. Kind of a dumb question, but I'm really excited because of my landed uni spins.
Old 2009-08-04, 04:45 PM   #21
tmoyer
slc uni

I think most people count a trick as "landed" if they can ride out of it.

But whatever - you got it. Nice job.

)-OTGTrials-

)--360unispin08--O
tmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 08:52 PM   #22
Onza Limey
Unicyclist

Thanks for the advice!!! I just landed my first 180 unispin and i got it on camera!!!! woohoo!!! since then its getting alot easier ive done about 8 now.
Onza Limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 08:56 PM   #23
jaco_flans
Trials & Muni!

Send a message via MSN to jaco_flans
I landed my 5 first unispin on day, then like 5 month later I landed my 6th unispin
Old 2009-08-05, 03:05 AM   #24
Zunicycle
Unicyclist

put on some six six ones or your prefrance of full leg protection (to get over some fear). Then just keep trying and just lift your legs up dont kick or flip, just lift and spin. Your hand positioning should be as followed.

Right hand: turn it to the left and hold close to the handle.
Left hand: Turn to the left also and hold the wider part of the seat.
Zunicycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
180, spin, surprise, uni