Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-09-17, 12:37 AM   #1
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Who would YOU like to be funding Radio Free Europe? Any new areas they should reach?

Radio Free Europe
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the radio broadcast service. For the R.E.M. song, see Radio Free Europe (song).
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is a radio and communications organization which is funded by the United States Congress. The organization exists in Europe and the Middle East. It broadcasts more than 1,000 hours per week, in 28 languages, via shortwave, AM, FM and the Internet. RFE/RL's official mission statement is: "To promote democratic values and institutions by disseminating factual information and ideas."
Old 2006-09-17, 01:03 AM   #2
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

I was just thinking, like some of our members in Oregon, or Bugman, it's like the live in the Dark Ages, and it's only because they're behind the Iron Curtain. Do you think they've had a free Village Voice availabel to them on every street corner? It's prolly censored int their states.

So that's why they think what they have is the best thing since sliced bread.

But if we could only reach them, maybe we could help. I think that's the idea behind Radio Free Europe. But of course, their funded by US COngress.
Old 2006-09-17, 03:11 AM   #3
harper
768 - It's in your DNA

I think Lichtenstein should fund RFU and they should reach out to Antarctica and Watts.

Destroying the climate by shutting down nuclear power plants, one by one, since 1979.

Change is good. Bills are better.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 02:24 PM   #4
bugman
NAUCC 2006 Memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheMountain
I was just thinking, like some of our members in Oregon, or Bugman, it's like the live in the Dark Ages, and it's only because they're behind the Iron Curtain. Do you think they've had a free Village Voice availabel to them on every street corner? It's prolly censored int their states.

So that's why they think what they have is the best thing since sliced bread.

But if we could only reach them, maybe we could help. I think that's the idea behind Radio Free Europe. But of course, their funded by US COngress.
I think you should do air drops over targeted countries of the Village Voice. It should be printed in the naive language so as to have full impact.
bugman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
areas, europe, free, funding, radio, reach