Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2009-01-29, 04:59 AM   #16
billnye
Junior Mint

Send a message via ICQ to billnye Send a message via AIM to billnye Send a message via Yahoo to billnye
Here's a couple variations I came up with, after brainstorming with frogy130 earlier

A little line art

...and a MS-Paint-stylee Orange, for mister Ichabod Crane

billnye
John M
billnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 02:05 PM   #17
AccordNSX
Adam Coast Choppers

Send a message via AIM to AccordNSX
I don't know how well the Fireball will ride out at Alafia, I'd much prefer a Gazz.
Old 2009-01-29, 06:29 PM   #18
frogy130
Municyclest On Board

Here is one incorporating some from both

frogy130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 09:04 PM   #19
littlemenjd
Slow but learning

The clan will be there

John,
The Dominic Clan will be there and we will bring whatever unis I can get my hands on.
I did find some of my old screening equipment but it looks to be in pretty rough shape. I am going to try to get out this weekend and see what it will cost me to replace my stuff. I like the ideas and will see what I can get done in the next few weeks. I also will have an embroidery machine at my disposal soon so maybe I can shrink the design down and get it put on shirt that way. No promises but I'll give it the old college try.

J
Old 2009-02-11, 01:13 AM   #20
Michaelgoround
John 15:13

Some friends and I may be in Tallahase this Saturday and we're wondering if anyone wanted to ride with us? We will be riding street(mainly) and trials and anyone is welcome to join us.

Last edited by Michaelgoround; 2009-02-11 at 01:16 AM.
Michaelgoround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 04:48 AM   #21
billnye
Junior Mint

Send a message via ICQ to billnye Send a message via AIM to billnye Send a message via Yahoo to billnye
Michaelgoround,

How'd the ride go, today? Sorry I couldn't make it up your direction... 5 hours each way is a long way to drive on short notice

billnye
John M
Old 2009-02-15, 05:14 AM   #22
billnye
Junior Mint

T minus one week and counting

Okay, folks... the clock is ticking down, with a little over a week till the meet-up, so we'd like to get a head count of "definite", "maybe", and "no thanks/maybe next time"s so we can figure out how many people to expect and how much food we'll need to bring. Also let us know if anybody needs sleepover space so we can dust off our couches and floors.

Also now's the time to work out any required "loaner unis" for the ride, as well. Steveyo, will you be needing a unicycle from our stable this time around? If you're bringing one down and taking requests, I'd pay good money to "rent" a geared 24 from you for the day ;D ;D ;D (my tax return this year is coincidentally about the price of a Schlumpf *tempted*). Burjzynkski and Unicyko, I think both of you had mentioned perhaps needing to borrow as well. Let us know, and we'll arrange as best we can. Right now I think we're okay with all the "maybes" and won't have to dip into 20" territory on anything borrowed.

getting excited,

billnye
John M

Last edited by billnye; 2009-02-15 at 05:16 AM.
Old 2009-02-15, 12:51 PM   #23
steveyo
...feeding the machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnye View Post
Also now's the time to work out any required "loaner unis" for the ride, as well. Steveyo, will you be needing a unicycle from our stable this time around? If you're bringing one down and taking requests, I'd pay good money to "rent" a geared 24 from you for the day ;D ;D ;D (my tax return this year is coincidentally about the price of a Schlumpf *tempted*). ...getting excited,
John: I briefly thought about bringing my Schlumpf (it's a KH29 guni), but I'm going to bring my KH24 single-speed. So I won't need to borrow, but no guni this time. Anyway, I'm a definite!

- a few uni race write-ups
- muni and kokopelli uni t-shirts, mugs and stickers
steveyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 06:36 PM   #24
Michaelgoround

Quote:
Michaelgoround,

How'd the ride go, today? Sorry I couldn't make it up your direction... 5 hours each way is a long way to drive on short notice

billnye
John M
We decided to postpone it till next weekend as to get it better planned. So if you or anyone wants to meet us up there we'll be going this weekend most likely. Just PM me for further info.

Quote:

Okay, folks... the clock is ticking down, with a little over a week till the meet-up, so we'd like to get a head count of "definite", "maybe", and "no thanks/maybe next time"s so we can figure out how many people to expect and how much food we'll need to bring. Also let us know if anybody needs sleepover space so we can dust off our couches and floors.

Also now's the time to work out any required "loaner unis" for the ride, as well. Steveyo, will you be needing a unicycle from our stable this time around? If you're bringing one down and taking requests, I'd pay good money to "rent" a geared 24 from you for the day ;D ;D ;D (my tax return this year is coincidentally about the price of a Schlumpf *tempted*). Burjzynkski and Unicyko, I think both of you had mentioned perhaps needing to borrow as well. Let us know, and we'll arrange as best we can. Right now I think we're okay with all the "maybes" and won't have to dip into 20" territory on anything borrowed.

getting excited,

billnye
John M
We won't be able to attend the ride because of school. If you decide to have any this summer we'll be sure to come.

BTW you guys want to start a social group for Florida riders as to better locate eachother?
Old 2009-02-17, 01:58 PM   #25
littlemenjd
Slow but learning

Sunday Ride

John,
Just so it is official.... I will be there and ready to ride. I'll also bring the Pashley 26 out as a loaner. Do you want me to bring any of my camp stoves/grils for cooking?
Text me and let me know

Jason
Old 2009-02-18, 03:02 PM   #26
frogy130
Municyclest On Board

Ill Be there.

John,

As Jason said so it is official I will be coming on Sunday, with Steveyo in tow.

I will bring the buggers, buns and hotdogs.

Eddie
frogy130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 01:18 PM   #27
littlemenjd
Slow but learning

A Grand Success

All,
It was a blast to get to ride with everyone yesterday. Ride with some friends, made a few new ones, no injuries but a few good falls, all in all a great day. We definitely need to try to arrange a few more gatherings before the heat really rolls in.
John great idea.
Steve It was great meeting you and hope to see you next time you come south
Adam it was so good of you to come out of retirement, even if only for the day.
Ed cant wait to see the pic and Videos

Jason

Last edited by littlemenjd; 2009-02-23 at 01:19 PM.
littlemenjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 01:27 PM   #28
surndr
Surndr

man, i wish i could come I am up by Muni Sano, if you ever do one a little more to the north defiantly post something here . have fun!
surndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 01:50 PM   #29
AccordNSX
Adam Coast Choppers

Send a message via AIM to AccordNSX
I enjoyed myself and the fancy dinner afterward was a nice touch. I just wish I would have remembered my bike shorts!
Old 2009-02-23, 09:41 PM   #30
Michaelgoround

Sounds like you guys had some fun. Wish I could of been there!
Could anyone tell me of some good Muni trails up around North Florida?

Tags
florida, floridaverse, meetup, muni