Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old 2013-06-29, 07:24 AM   #106
GILD
Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

Location: the bustling metropolis of Nelspruitia, south africa
What, pray tell, is a "rally mirror"?

Yes, I could Google, but then we won't be having conversation.
I'm also interested to find out why one would want one.
GILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 02:05 PM   #107
knoxuni
wes style!!

Send a message via Skype™ to knoxuni
Its a 4pain mirror that goes across and its for more visibility
Old 2013-07-08, 10:20 PM   #108
maestro8
is what it is

Unicycles are so lame. Bicycles are way cooler. I love my new Italian bicycle.
Attached Images

Old 2013-07-08, 11:08 PM   #109
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro8 View Post
Total overkill.

I got it covered in my limp-wristed-pansymobile.
Is it legal for HUMANS to sleep in that? What is it?

I've got a dog, and I'm looking for a reasonable solution to traveling the USA.

Would that work?
Old 2013-07-08, 11:38 PM   #110
knoxuni
wes style!!

A ford transit
Old 2013-10-23, 04:08 AM   #111
knoxuni
wes style!!

Well these dang cars are pulling me away from hobbies. Well it's a new one. The outback got dynoed to 355hp 344tq at all 4 wheels
Old 2013-10-23, 08:43 AM   #112
GILD

Yikes, sounds serious.
Old 2013-10-23, 12:21 PM   #113
Shmolagin
Unicyclist

What do you use it for?
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 12:28 PM   #114
knoxuni
wes style!!

It's been a project-race car. I did my first stage rally a few weeks ago and did some hot laps at mid Ohio race track. But the car is drivable enough to Daily it.
Old 2013-10-23, 12:47 PM   #115
Shmolagin
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxuni View Post
It's been a project-race car. I did my first stage rally a few weeks ago and did some hot laps at mid Ohio race track. But the car is drivable enough to Daily it.
How'd you do racing?
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 01:25 PM   #116
knoxuni
wes style!!

Stage rally was 8th in class and mid Ohio was just fun. I really want to lower it for pure looks
Old 2014-04-04, 07:22 AM   #117
GILD

Time for an update again.

Been driving, and loving, the Nissan Juke, but it just got a bit expensive and with fuel-prices going beserk in this country, that wasn't going to get any better anytime soon. I was also about to fall off the "value shelf".

Traded it in on this baby.
I'm saving on monthly premiums, insurance and fuel.

And I get to drive a Volvo.

What's not to love?
Attached Images

Old 2014-04-24, 09:25 AM   #118
mikeymcdoogle
Unicyclist

cars n stuff

Ive had so many different vehicles since before i was legally old enough to drive, most of my cars have been old air cooled vws, When i was younger I could buy them real cheap, and when i lived in california the older ones were smog exempt, ive owned mostly 68-72 but had a few 73's and a 74, had a 69 cabriolet, and my last one was a 1960 sliding ragtop (sunroof model), of all of them i liked the one with the slidinf rag sunroof the best, and the cabriolet sucked balls.

I had a 87 rabbit cabriolet for a few years too, construction workers would pull next to me on 101 on my commute thinking i was a girl then id look over and they'd get shocked, i wasn't into dudes so when the head gasket blew i got rid of that car :P

I also had a 1968 triumph tiger trophy for a long time, every time i rode it a day id have to wrench on it the rest of the week, it ran grat for a long time but things liked to rattle off of it, and old men with beer bellys were jealous of it alot, it also was expensive to maintain, so i parked it and drove kawasaki ninjas for a while, had 3 ex250s i would buy them used on craigslist for 250-500 dollars and when i found a better one id sell the old one so they didnt multiply like rabbits, then i got a 500 ninja for cheap, I really like cheap vehicles I am a miser.

now im tired of wrenching on cars and bikes, gas is too expensive and i don't have a garage anymore. so i got a 4cylinder crewcab toyota, it gets ok mileage, is pretty slow, blends in anywhere and cops like to leave me alone it looks so boring, it even looks like it is 4wd when it isnt :P but it can drive in deep puddles and is cheap to maintain, and the engines in the 4 cylinders seem to run forever even when neglected.

also had a 66 ford that was my dads, got rid of it cuz it was too expensive to maintain and drive and moved to rust prone state, and had a ford ranger but unfortunately it was the 3 liter 6 that had ignition system problems.

I have siezed, grenaded, spun bearings, blown holes in pistons warped heads, etc on vw bug engines, I got to the point where I was running dual webers that were finicky as hell and hate the smell of gas now, it has some kind of additive in it to make you sick, probably to keep people from huffing it.

I also used to modify 2 stroke gopeds, they love to grenade too.

and had a honda ruckus moped, got rid of it cuz cops hassled me and it only went 45 top speed after a drivetrain tune up :P cops thought i was a alchoholic or something, they couldn't understand that im not embarrassed to ride mopeds. and a ruckus is too nice t be a real liquor sickle, I ride anything with wheels/or wheel :P idk

I have always wanted one of those subaru baja cars that is like my toyota only smaller, would look sweet with 2 unicycles in the tiny bed all propped up on stands mimicking yuppies that put their road bikes on yakima roofracks :P.

Last edited by mikeymcdoogle; 2014-04-24 at 09:28 AM.
mikeymcdoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 09:15 AM   #119
djm
David Mason

Smile

As I Haven't Been On Here Such a Longest Time, And I Still Ride my Unicycle. Since my last Post a Few years ago now, I Have Change Cars. From my Trusty Subaru to a Hyundai Elantra Elite Which I Made Early This Year Back in January 2014. It's a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Elite MD Current Model Series. It's a Great Car and I get my Gear in alright with my Guitars and my Uni. As Far as I am Going all, I am Great Despite a Big Health Scare and I am Now Suffering Dementia which I Have Aphasia Since Birth But am Not Worried What I Have got but I wanna Continued of What I doing. Thanks Everyone and You Never Know I may or may not Be Back on here - Cheers.

djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 06:53 PM   #120
GILD

Hey DJM, good to see you again mate.

I trust things will work out for you?

Tags
unicyclist, wheelsets