Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2003-08-20, 02:16 AM   #16
chirokid
The Russian Bear!!!

Send a message via AIM to chirokid
Zod, is your KH24 Black or Orange? Did you get the brake? Can I ride it ? --chirokid--
Old 2003-08-20, 02:24 AM   #17
zod
Southern Fried mUni

Send a message via AIM to zod
It is black. On the uni.com website they show the 24 as black, however in the catalog they sent my local bike shop the 24 was shown as orange.................I wasn't sure what color it would be when I got it

I'm glad it was black though because it matches my mountain bike.... http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...n_walldrop.avi

And YES you can ride it, just come on across the Appalachians and try to find me
zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-20, 02:56 AM   #18
chirokid
The Russian Bear!!!

Send a message via AIM to chirokid
Quote:
Originally posted by zod
It is black.

And YES you can ride it, just come on across the Appalachians and try to find me
I love the Orange one, but I have never met anyone who owns one. I rode the Orange KH24 while I was at Unicycle.com several weeks ago. What a sweet ride. Soon as I can slip $450 out of the family budget, I will have one too. Until then, I am SUPER JEALOUS!

I'm glad you got the black one, since it is the one you wanted. I wonder if John lets us choose the color, or do we just take what is available? John?

As for me riding your new KH24, you've narrowed the search. I'll just have to scan from the mountains to the ocean. I'll come looking next weekend ! --chirokid--
Old 2003-08-20, 04:16 PM   #19
zod
Southern Fried mUni

Send a message via AIM to zod
Here is what my UPD envolved....

I was trying to go backwards on it and it shot out behind me. This is normal of course and happens so I simply went to move my legs out of the way as I normally would but didn't compensate for the cranks being about twice as long as the ones on my 20" uni. The right pedal caught my leg and I went face first into the blacktop. Luckily I got my forearms down on the road before my face hit(yep, no helmet). A little blood, a little sore, and I have a big knot on my shin from the pedal slap. I guess I need to be wearing my shinguards since KH24 has metal platforms with big nasty pins. I was expecting to be worse off as hard as I hit the pavement, but when I got up I was pretty much in good shape.

Cherokid, let me narrow it down even farther for you.... Stanley, NC
zod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kh24