Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-05-29, 03:07 PM   #31
Buddy
Registered User OF CANDY!!!

Send a message via AIM to Buddy Send a message via MSN to Buddy Send a message via Yahoo to Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycledood
I've tried these "meat substitutes". They're incredibly stupid. They are for the fake vegetarians, or people that are having trouble adjusting.
As a vegetarian for my entire life (since birth, parents are vegetarian too), I can tell you that meat substitutes are not for fake vegetarians or people who are having trouble adjusting. Meat substitutes are for protein and if they were shaped any different, you'd probably never want to touch as it didn't even look like food.

Some people don't like them (whether it's your case about not liking the shape or just flavor in general) while some people do and make sure they are in their diet.

How I miss my old account...
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 04:07 PM   #32
JJuggle
Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Send a message via AIM to JJuggle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
I can tell you that meat substitutes are not for fake vegetarians or people who are having trouble adjusting. Meat substitutes are for protein
They are mighty tasty too. Great chili, sloppy joes, tacos, casseroles, BLTs, pasta sauces, and many other delights can be made from them.

To Plotz is Human
To Shvitz Divine
JJuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 05:12 PM   #33
UniBrier
Time To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyOnion
Fish on the other hand, live freely, swimming in the ocean. Their lives abruptly end when they are caught. The difference, in her eyes, lies in the treatment of the animal BEFORE it is killed to be eaten.
Right, how many other animals do you pierce with a sharp hook, make them struggle to exhaustion, then suffocate them to death before you eat them?

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 05:16 PM   #34
yoopers
Unicyclist

Send a message via Yahoo to yoopers
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniBrier
Right, how many other animals do you pierce with a sharp hook, make them struggle to exhaustion, then suffocate them to death before you eat them?
Steve, those are only the fish in the wild. The ones being bred in fish farms, in tight quarters, which constantly have to fight for space and survival don't get pierced with sharp hooks.
()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
unicycledude93: Yoopers
Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys

Last edited by yoopers; 2008-05-29 at 05:17 PM.
yoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 06:16 PM   #35
Kyle_Destroyer
meh.

peta = nazis.

I'll respect vegetarians and vegans, but not peta members.
Old 2008-05-29, 06:35 PM   #36
JJuggle
Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Send a message via AIM to JJuggle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Destroyer
peta = nazis.
Harsh.

Quote:
I'll respect vegetarians and vegans, but not peta members.
Can you respect some PETA members who may believe in the overall principles but who also disagree on some specifics? Or more to the point, do you consider this a black and white issue with no room for any flexibility?

To Plotz is Human
To Shvitz Divine
JJuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 07:05 PM   #37
vanpaun
Unicyclist

how did I bring hate to this thread? How many vegetarians out there are tired of the countless bombardment of made up facts, desert islands with chickens, and not accepting anothers religion?? (not that vegetarianism is my religion, but i i'm more faithful
vanpaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 07:07 PM   #38
uni57
Dave Lowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycledood
Your a carnivor? You ONLY eat meat? I don't wanna be a smartass but I think you mean your an omnivour.
Oops. Slip of the tongue. Although I do eat a LOT of meat and animal fat, I am indeed an omnivore.
uni57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 07:09 PM   #39
vanpaun
Unicyclist

than i am to judaism. All I said is I can't stand, not i hate, or I want to kill. yoopers, are you a vegetarian? And the point made 'you can't get enough protien' is a load of $#!%. Vegetarian who eat fish are pisceo vegetarian, and should be reffered to so.
Old 2008-05-29, 07:10 PM   #40
vanpaun
Unicyclist

vegetarians who eat poultry aren't vegetarian, and vegetarian who eat beef have a hard time fitting in, so they make a tittle for themselves to feel secure.
Old 2008-05-29, 07:19 PM   #41
yoopers
Unicyclist

Send a message via Yahoo to yoopers
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanpaun
desert islands with chickens
Not sure if I missed something here or not, but what is a desert island with chickens? Could it be a dessert island of chickens? Dessert of fried chicken sounds mighty fine to me.
Quote:
yoopers, are you a vegetarian?
See above comment.
Quote:
so they make a tittle
to go along with their jot.
()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
unicycledude93: Yoopers
Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys
yoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 07:28 PM   #42
dudewithasock
Gig 'em, Aggies!

Send a message via Skype™ to dudewithasock
Quote:
vegetarians who eat poultry aren't vegetarian, and vegetarian who eat beef have a hard time fitting in, so they make a tittle for themselves to feel secure.
What the heck are you even talking about? No one who eats beef or poultry is calling themself a vegetarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazdude222
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a girl.
dudewithasock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 07:33 PM   #43
vanpaun
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewithasock
What the heck are you even talking about? No one who eats beef or poultry is calling themself a vegetarian.
They taught that at my school's somewhat corrupt wellness class. A bunch of people at my school are poultry eating vegetari
Old 2008-05-29, 07:35 PM   #44
vanpaun
Unicyclist

ans. also a self proclaimed vegetarian who enjoys bacon every once in a while
Old 2008-05-29, 07:51 PM   #45
agentQ
Sam Haber

Send a message via AIM to agentQ Send a message via MSN to agentQ
I have been vegetarian for 12 years now. Am I not considered a vegetarian because for the last 2 years I have had shrimp 2 or 3 times?

As was asked before about the craving meat thing. I was craving shrimp, about 2 years ago, which is funny as I hated shrimp my whole life prior to becoming veggie. It was not fantastic or anything, but there must have been something in the little guys my body wanted.

I do not ever crave or miss red meat chicken or any of that sort of meat. I think at first there was a level of compassion I had for animals and did not want to eat them, but as the years have passed by, that is no longer the case. I would eat an animal for sure. Say if it were one I raised on my own farm, or maybe a friends farm, assuming I needed the food, or I could not sell the meat to others. If my family was starving I would hunt deer, turkey, and whatever else are in my area.

What keeps me veggie, is how nasty the meat industry is. I feel comfortable blaming a lot of the worlds health problems, as well as mental problems on the quality of food that many have been stuffing into them their whole life.

The only compromise I make is eating dairy at restaurants. If there is a vegan option I will get that, unless I know the dairy is free range and of my beliefs. Usually neither are an option and I will just eat the dairy anyway. But for my own cooking the dairy is always animal friendly. Typically supporting dairy farms is supporting the meat industry. This is why "some" vegans will try and push vegan ways onto vegetarians. Most simply respect everyone no matter what they choose, as more often than not veggie lovers are not mean cold hearted people.

I said this in the other vegetarian thread:
"I am not a vegetarian because I LOVE animals, I am a vegetarian because I HATE vegetables."

Nothing gives me more pleasure than cutting a cucumber in half, or strangling a string bean to death.

Whats up with Street and Flat?
the Unicycle Lab

Last edited by agentQ; 2008-05-29 at 08:00 PM.
agentQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appreciation, banmaestro, maestro8mustbebanned, maestromustbebanned, moaning, thread, unibikeling_asshole, vegetarian, veggiesupremacy, vegs'against'maestro'09!, wurst