Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2019-10-05, 09:09 PM   #16
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogelfrei80 View Post
However... I was looking for tests or other ideas to hide tools inside my seatpost... if anyone will help me that way I'll be more pleased than to receive help to find the slimmest mini pump able to inflate a 3" tire with just few strokes (it simply doesn't exist)
For your specific (and as I said, I think legitimate with the knowledge of your diabetes) requirements, I guess CO2 is the only real option. I personally would maybe look at a combined pump/co2 head https://eu.crankbrothers.com/collect...ts/klic-hv-co2 or similar. The last time someone who I was riding with used co2, I saw all the downsides: you can only inflate once, and he ran low on pressure again later (burped air with a tubeless setup).

Seatpost is hard since it's really slim. I haven't seen any good ones yet. (Some people put tire levers there, but I don't really think that's worth it. My idea has recently been a really small bag under the saddle, attaching to the bolts of the back bumper, and the back of the seatpost. I don't think one would notice it there while riding. For either patches and a set of allen keys, or a small first aid kit. There are some similar to what I'm thinking of made for bikes, and I think some of them could be adapted pretty easily.

Since I now have a dedicated backpack for riding that has a toolkit and first aid kitpermanently in it, I haven't really been looking for a suitable model much anymore, but that's where my head goes.
Old 2019-10-20, 02:24 AM   #17
OneTrackMind
Unicyclist

What about this pump?
Old 2019-10-20, 12:35 PM   #18
Vogelfrei80
Beginner

It could be a good idea! I just cannot find any review. Also there's no news page on their website or any kind of link to a specilistic site's review... so I won't ever spend any money on that pump
Vogelfrei80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 03:26 PM   #19
JimT
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogelfrei80 View Post
It could be a good idea! I just cannot find any review. Also there's no news page on their website or any kind of link to a specilistic site's review... so I won't ever spend any money on that pump
There are several different brands of these handheld Mini Air Inflators available and a few hundred ratings from owners can be found on Amazon. Do a Google search for "Mini Air Inflator" to find them. In general they seem to be highly rated.

The Chicholic Portable Air Compressor Mini Air Inflator Electric Hand Held Tire Pump seems to be the most popular. I've never used one.
JimT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 07:10 AM   #20
pierrox
Unicyclist

That's an interesting concept. But having looked at their video, I doubt it will fit into a seat post. It looks big in the hand of the user - and they clearly chose small hands for the demo.
pierrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 11:53 AM   #21
Vogelfrei80
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrox View Post
That's an interesting concept. But having looked at their video, I doubt it will fit into a seat post. It looks big in the hand of the user - and they clearly chose small hands for the demo.
I'm dismissing the idea of using the inside of the seatpost. This weekend I broke the seatpost and bought a new one made for bikes (I used a brake rail adpter). No more hole to use till next seatpost (and next handmade saddle cover which I didn't seam)
Vogelfrei80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-24, 12:11 AM   #22
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrackMind View Post
What about this pump?
About $30 Less on Amazon and free shipping.

Website
Videos
Facebook
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
272, cartrige, co2, seatpost