Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2017-11-13, 04:27 PM   #1
mrfixit
Unicyclist

Unicycle related Special deals post? Yes? No?

What do you think about an ongoing DEALS post on related Unicycle stuff? Some special sale, or promotion, on unicycle gear or related stuff, that the unicycle crowd might like?

You know, for example, when Unicycle.com had a deal recently for 20 off 100 purchase, In September?

General Discussions section? Trading Post section?

I have an offer to pass on to the unicycle world, for Backcountry.com. I have nothing to do with them, except, I buy from them once in a while. They have a 20% off offer on one full price item, And I just used it to save $20 on some Five ten shoes. That's unicycle related, right?

Is this allowed?
Here's the fine print:

Terms & Conditions:
Offer valid for 20% off one eligible full-price item from Backcountry.com.
Discount applies to eligible full-price item in shopping cart with the highest price.
Offer valid for a limited time.
Online and phone customers must use the code "20MORE" to receive this discount.
Backcountry account required to receive coupon discount at checkout. Join other loyal Backcountry subscribers and be the first to know about news, sales, and deals.

Exclusions:
Offer not valid on special orders, package discounts, prior purchases, gift certificates, and passes and lift tickets.
Certain brands are excluded from this promotion; talk to a Gearhead for details.
Discounts not valid on bikes and frames, helmet cams & digital cameras, any item with GPS technology, personal locator beacons, strollers, ski and snowboard equipment, airbag packs, fly fishing gear, and fly fishing watercraft.
Offer is limited to stock on hand; offer is nontransferable and is not redeemable for cash.
May not be combined with any other discount or offer. Limit one coupon per customer.

Questions? Contact a Backcountry Gearhead by calling 800-409-4502 or Chat Now

What do you think?
mrfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 04:37 AM   #2
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Discount also doesn't apply on Five Tens, at least the uni-friendly kinds. But what I did find there was a big selection with my size in stock. So thanks for the link!

I got my previous (current) pair after Terry Peterson announced a sale at Five Ten where they had dramatically dropped the price of some of their models, and I seem to remember paying about $100, which was a great deal! So I'm all for threads that share deals. Should they be here or in the Trading Post? I don't know.

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 10:45 AM   #3
Setonix
Unicyclist

Who are the admins of this forum? Do they also ride uni? Then I guess they'd also be interested to know about discounts. Available discounts and my ad hoc decisions of needing a specific uni item never fall together, so I always fall outside the boat.
And discounts in the US aren't really applicable to me, because I'd have to pay a lot of delivery costs, were I to buy something from there. All my uni stuff I get from Municyle.com in DE.
Nevertheless I think most site members will be happy to know about unicycle-related discounts through the site, I reckon.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 06:26 PM   #4
LargeEddie
Measure once, trim to fit

I've started threads for Black Friday/Cyber Weekend/whatever a couple of times in previous years; no complaints, good time had by all. Not sure what if anything I'm in the market for right now, but I'll try to watch for deals and post if I see any good ones.
LargeEddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deals, post, related, special, unicycle