Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2014-11-25, 03:51 PM   #16
paxuni
ride captain

Date change is fine for me. I'm flexible at this time.

Whatever works for the highest participation

pax
paxuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 08:04 PM   #17
munimag
Unicyclist

Date change for spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by munimag View Post
A switch to the April weekend is possible if those who have committed to a lodge room are ok with that.

paxuni, jbtilley, kayakzz, haskinsc please let me know whether April 24-26 is good for you.
I heard back from all those above and they are OK with a switch to the April dates. I have transferred the lodge reservation and payment to April 24-26, 2015.

If anyone would like a room at the lodge there is only one left.

Here is the line up so far:

April 24-26, 2015
Beards Mountain Lodge:
munimag
haskinsc
paxuni
jbtilley
kayakzz
one vacant room

Lakeside Camping:
garmooza
JimmyTheChimp
munimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 03:01 AM   #18
DaUniGuy
Training hard for retirement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxuni View Post
There's so much range in skills and conditioning it's hard to say what one might need to enjoy participating in a muni weekend at Douthat. I think everyone enjoys it on their own level.
I can hop on my 20" trials, ride until I want to stop and get off without hurting myself most of the time. Did 8 miles once, thought I was gonna die (maybe I should not have stopped at the bar for a few beers at the 1/2 way point. Idling and hopping are coming along, mostly on paved trails. I have done a few easy single track trails thru the woods here in KC with some success.

I am leaning towards the fall trip. I have a friend who has a son in Maryland and we are talking about making a 7-10 day trip out of it. Maybe getting a little class 2-3 white water in while I am there would be great. Map quest says it's 910 miles or about 14 hours so that would make it a 2 day trip out and back if I end up coming by myself.

Santa should deliver my 24" Oracle Muni next week so I will have time to practice. My guess is it would be after the 1st of the year before I will know for sure. Will I have time to get a camp ground that late or should I reserve it now? Does anyone know there cancelation policy or have a link to the park?

I "WILL" be back to the NAUCC next year but would like to attend a Muni gathering as well. Any Muni gatherings I have heard of are all a ways from KC and I have never spent any time in that part of the country so I am really interested.
DaUniGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 01:44 PM   #19
munimag
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaUniGuy View Post
I am leaning towards the fall trip.

My guess is it would be after the 1st of the year before I will know for sure. Will I have time to get a camp ground that late or should I reserve it now? Does anyone know there cancelation policy or have a link to the park?
The reservation website is http://www.reserveamerica.com. It is hard to know when the campsites will fill up but you can tell from the website how many are remaining. The lakeside camping shown as A StdLake is where the other unicyclists will be camping. Right now, for the Fall trip, there are 18 sites available out of 19 total. If you book one and cancel, the cancellation fee would be $15.
Old 2014-12-02, 05:06 PM   #20
munimag
Unicyclist

Last lodge room has been taken

Here is the updated line up so far for those who have indicated where they are staying:

April 24-26, 2015
Beards Mountain Lodge:
munimag
haskinsc
paxuni
jbtilley
kayakzz
TragicWarrior

Lakeside Camping:
garmooza
JimmyTheChimp
Old 2014-12-03, 01:10 PM   #21
JimmyTheChimp
Unicyclist

Thanks for changing the date to accommodate me! I've added it to my calendar and I'll probably go ahead and reserve a campsite this week
JimmyTheChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 09:32 PM   #22
jbtilley
Muni Foot

Bump.

This doesn't feel like a thread that should be on page 7.
Old 2015-02-04, 04:43 AM   #23
Landon M
Landon from Phoenix

A few of us from Arizona are interested in heading up to Virginia this spring. Camping would be preferred because it would save money over renting a cabin, and May works best because it would allow us to escape the summer heat. If you end up solidifying the date, please let me know! Also, are you the same Claude that was in Phx not too long ago? We might have briefly played uni-basket ball together.
Landon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 12:49 PM   #24
munimag
Unicyclist

Landon - The date is set for April 24-26. There are several campsites still available. I hope you can make it.

Yes, this is the same Claude you met in Phoenix. Nice to hear from you.
Old 2015-02-19, 04:14 PM   #25
munimag
Unicyclist

Lodging update

There are 8 campsites left in the Lakeside Camping Loop A. There are also several cabins available. If you plan on going make your reservation soon.

Last edited by munimag; 2015-02-19 at 04:15 PM.
Old 2015-02-20, 10:45 PM   #26
kayakzz
Unicyclist

It won't be long until we are cruising Douthat's awesome trail system. Last Fall was a great time, I am sure this Spring will be as good or better!
kayakzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 03:40 AM   #27
JTurner
Enjoying the Ride!

Woohoo! Jess and I are in, just booked a Lakeside Loop campsite!

I love...big rides, gravel, beach, road, xc single track, cyclocross, racing against bikes and I'm a proud 36er snob!
JTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 02:21 AM   #28
munimag
Unicyclist

Awesome James and Jess!

There are now only four sites left at the Lakeside camping loop A.
Old 2015-03-09, 02:15 PM   #29
JimmyTheChimp
Unicyclist

My campsite still has room for another car and tent if anyone wants to share.
JimmyTheChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 01:37 PM   #30
Tribe
Everything is better with Bacon!

Only 2 campsites left!

I'll be bringing at least 2 others from Chattanooga with me. Looking forward to it. What will mother nature surprise us with this time?
Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015, douthat, gatherings, muni, park, state, virginia