Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Administration Forums > Requests, Questions, and Bugs on this site

Old 2013-09-20, 08:33 PM   #31
Klaas Bil
Sir Prince of Newsgroupia

Montreal

I just made my first post (elsewhere on this site) where I had to answer the "Random Question". I hadn't seen this before and didn't know (although I guessed) I had to answer it so I left it blank and then got an error message and another Random Question - which I then answered, and my post got through. That's all fine.

Why I write this though:
The first question was
Quote:
A unicycle wheel is filled with _____?
What was/is the answer supposed to be? Spokes? Air? Awesomeness?
Klaas Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:17 PM   #32
ldlux
Pretty good at ridin' that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas Bil View Post
The correct answer is, in fact, "awesomeness".
ldlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:32 PM   #33
LargeEddie
Measure once, trim to fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas Bil View Post
The first question was
A unicycle wheel is filled with _____?
I'm going with "win".

I had to answer a similar challenge/response question when I registered for the site and was asked, "A unicycle has only one what?" I answered "rider" and that was wrong. I would like to see some of the examples where this is not true.

Btw, it seems clear to me that spambots are people too my friends, as a recently unsuccessful political candidate might have said. Replies are often cut-and-pasted pieces of other replies from the topic, and I've seen at least one case where the spammer found a review on another site of whatever gear was being discussed and posted part of that. Too clever for them to be scripts.

So a challenge like requiring them to retype a random number would really be easier to beat.

"Where's your other ______?": Girlfriend. It's really embarrassing when someone asks me that one.
LargeEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:46 PM   #34
Klaas Bil
Sir Prince of Newsgroupia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeEddie View Post
"A unicycle has only one what?" I answered "rider" and that was wrong. I would like to see some of the examples where this is not true.
There are plenty of examples where a single (regular) unicycle carries two or more persons. But usually only one is the rider who then carries the other e.g. on their shoulders. If you google for unicycle with two riders you'll find pictures of unicycles designed for two riders (but not being ridden in the pics). I've also seen (live at a unicon) a couple of instances where two persons were riding a single regular unicycle, one standing on the feet of the other who was seated. Can't find a pic or vid right now.

Quote:
Btw, it seems clear to me that spambots are people too my friends, as a recently unsuccessful political candidate might have said. Replies are often cut-and-pasted pieces of other replies from the topic, and I've seen at least one case where the spammer found a review on another site of whatever gear was being discussed and posted part of that. Too clever for them to be scripts.
The first seems (to me) rather easy for a bot. The second, hmmm, I still can imagine a clever script. But the people behind the spambots are certainly people

Quote:
"Where's your other ______?": Girlfriend. It's really embarrassing when someone asks me that one.
Hehe good one.
Klaas Bil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, spam, unicyclecom