Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-11-19, 02:04 AM   #1
Bakhos1

Send a message via Yahoo to Bakhos1
New to the forum

Hello everyone,

A couple of years ago I purchased a Torker Unistar LX Pro Unicycle 20 wheel with Standard Frame. Due to my lack of practice I have yet to idle properly or ride backwards... Aside from my lack of motivation I adore my UNI and hope to progress in the near future.

I basically ride around the parking lot where we live, do figure 8s, and stop after my legs get tired..
Bakhos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 02:20 AM   #2
Superbant
Unicyclist

Location: Far, far away in a place with a yard and two floors and a basement and a few unicycles and lots of books and tall trees and good food and some computers and lots of unicycle.com stickers and plenty of misspellings and bad grammar and run on sentances
Try jumping. Learned to do that months before idling or good one footed. Just keep trying.
Superbant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 02:28 AM   #3
Bakhos1

Send a message via Yahoo to Bakhos1
Yes Thank you! Hopping is a little intimidating to me but will consider it part of my routine from now on. Also, A few months ago I was asked by a friend (non-uni rider) why do you always start off a wall and not idle starts.. Surprisingly Although not consistent with my idle starts this new move helped me tremendously but yet no where near smooth or consistent as I'd like to be...

I am interested in a training partner (fountain valley) otherwise I will create a progress thread for motivation or try one the games...

Last edited by Bakhos1; 2012-11-19 at 02:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Bakhos1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum