Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #481
William393
Supreme Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
Trump's conflicts of interest are so overt, so over-the-top, that if we got rid of him and all the villains in his cabinet, we'd mistakenly view this as progress. In reality, we'd be left with a less overt, more subtle version of the same thing.
Man, you're another one living in the past, propped up by Obama-bashing. Try bashing President McKinley or Hoover, who come to mind because I attended schools named after those 2.

But seriously, Trump lied about protecting LGBTQ rights, and I hear he wants to overturn democratically achieved marijuana legalization in states. Maybe its just a way to exert revenge, because marijuana is a big cash crop and has improved the economy where ever it occurred.
The problem with the over-familiar, cliché-prone way of describing things, according to Alain de Botton: “Clichés are detrimental in so far as they inspire us to believe that they adequately describe a situation while merely grazing at its surface.”
William393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #482
William393
Supreme Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
Me too. Some of what they say about him is about meaningless stuff, and is kind of a waste of everyone's time. And I suppose when they ask for clarity on his outright lies or contradictory statements, that's annoying to him so he sees that as "out to get him" also.
The issue was not about the football being out in the open, it was about a strategy meeting being held out in the open, surrounded by random people with their cell phones out. The pictures you're referring to may have been taken by one of the guests with their phone.
Watch Steven Colbert's opening monologue. Everyday he talks about Trump, and his show has moved into #1 position for it!!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-sh...-lupe-fiasco-/
The problem with the over-familiar, cliché-prone way of describing things, according to Alain de Botton: “Clichés are detrimental in so far as they inspire us to believe that they adequately describe a situation while merely grazing at its surface.”
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #483
William393
Supreme Commander

Trump has stopped tweeting!!! A FEW TIMES IN THE LAST 5 DAYS.

betsy DeVos wanted to maintain trans rights in schools to prevent the harm to trans kids, but was threatened to get fired so she allowed it. Tough choice: my job vs. harm to trans kids. Hmmmmm.
Old Today, 03:06 AM   #484
song
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by William393 View Post
But I forbid you to speak of Obama anymore. You sound like Trump
Well, it is possible to go further back in history and find precedents for what Trump is now doing -Roosevelt’s concentration camps for people of Japanese ancestry are a good example- but Obama is Trump’s immediate predecessor, so he is really one of the best illustrations that Trump is the natural next step for America's two capitalist parties of racism and war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William393 View Post
Stop living in the past and face the future, please.
The future?? Obama budgeted $1 trillion to upgrade America’s nuclear arsenal while uttering polite words about “non-proliferation” for the media. Trump doesn’t bother with the politeness, and he also seems to have no objection to Obama’s “Pivot to Asia” plan to attack China. Indeed, he shows signs of wanting to speed it up, just as he is doing with Obama’s war on immigrants.

I’m not sure why Trump objects to the Obama-led, mostly bipartisan plan to also attack Russia. This plan is apocalyptic lunacy, of course, but that doesn’t seem to faze Trump or any of the other capitalist rulers of today. Germany has announced a significant expansion of its military, and its tanks are now rolling into Eastern Europe for the first time since World War II, but this time accompanied by American tanks. As far as I can tell, this is the only reason the New York Times is running articles with titles like “How Can We Get Rid of Trump?”
song is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanders, tomorrow, trump, vote