Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-01-11, 09:38 PM   #121
LargeEddie
Measure once, trim to fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrox View Post
Spotted this beer in Harris Teeter... will have to go back and get some for our next rides in NC!
Great find! I'm really looking forward to it.

But I might have to go grab a six for myself before then.
LargeEddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 09:46 PM   #122
LargeEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrox View Post
Spotted this beer in Harris Teeter... will have to go back and get some for our next rides in NC!
Sad news:
Quote:
Asheville, NC​ - Hi-Wire Brewing will be releasing a new year-round flagship this January in place of their Prime-Time Session Pale Ale. Customers will now be able to enjoy Hi-Wire Brewing’s latest creation and year-round flagship, Lo-Pitch Juicy India Pale Ale (4.9% ABV), scheduled to hit shelves and both of Hi-Wire’s taprooms by early January 2017.
[...]
The Prime-Time Session Pale Ale will always have a place in the heart of the Hi-Wire Brewing team, but its production will be severely dwindled by the end of 2016.
I had looked in several nearby grocery stores including three Harris Teeters before going online for more info and I never saw it; or any Hi-Wire beers for that matter, despite the claim that they're available all across NC.

(Snide side comment: It seems that brewers like to boast of drinkability when describing their beers. Shouldn't we be able to assume that?)

Last edited by LargeEddie; 2017-02-04 at 09:47 PM.
Old 2017-02-04, 11:57 PM   #123
MrImpossible
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeEddie View Post
(Snide side comment: It seems that brewers like to boast of drinkability when describing their beers. Shouldn't we be able to assume that?)
I think it's a code word for "makes you want to drink a lot of them!" which is taboo in the promote-responsible-drinking era. "Session" beers are the newest version of it.

None of them result in much rideability as far as I can tell; I seem to lose all uni skills after a beer or two.
MrImpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 12:50 AM   #124
LargeEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrImpossible View Post
I think it's a code word for "makes you want to drink a lot of them!" which is taboo in the promote-responsible-drinking era. "Session" beers are the newest version of it.
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
None of them result in much rideability as far as I can tell; I seem to lose all uni skills after a beer or two.
With boutique beers at $10 for a six-pack, I'm one and done no matter what they call it.
Old 2017-02-05, 09:43 AM   #125
fynger
Unicyclist

Saw a Unicycle in one of the latest American Pickers Programs....was just on to of a pile of stuff in a container.....they didnt buy it...it was just there in the background.
fynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 05:52 PM   #126
mnunirider
Unicyclist

Front page of today's local paper. No story accompanying it just the caption. Assume it's TCUC in last nights parade.
Attached Images

mnunirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 06:27 PM   #127
LargeEddie

So you don't have to do what I just did, the caption: "Riders on extra-tall unicycles steady each other during the St. Paul Winter Carnival's Vulcan Victory Torchlight Parade on Saturday night in downtown St. Paul. The carnival concludes today." Looks like a good time!
Old 2017-02-05, 10:05 PM   #128
UnderTheLake
I like pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunirider View Post
Front page of today's local paper. No story accompanying it just the caption. Assume it's TCUC in last nights parade.
Yep! That was Twin Cities Unicycle Club. The giraffe riders look terrified because the cobblestones were pretty treacherous. The tiny rider in the pink sleeves on the left is my 8 year-old daughter. I'm back there somewhere, but out of sight.

Digital pics here:
http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/04...hlight-parade/

Last edited by UnderTheLake; 2017-02-05 at 10:07 PM. Reason: added link
UnderTheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-08, 04:54 PM   #129
Eric aus Chemnitz
Landesvertreter Sachsen im EVD

28.05.2017: Europamarathon Görlitz
Eric aus Chemnitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sighting, spotting, thread, unicycle