Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Challenge Each Other

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-03-10, 11:39 AM   #31
vookash
('')( :)(..)(: )('')

Send a message via Skype™ to vookash
It's always hard to define the level. This one is called Super Beginner just because the one called Beginner have pretty advanced tricks
NotSoYoungOne don't give up that early. Maybe next trick will be easier for you. It takes at least three rounds to be OUT of this game And by the way there are probably quite a lot of people who can hop and ride well, but still cannot idle
After a few days of almost spring we got a snowfall today so we'll see how it will be with my training. Hope to get it by sunday anyway.
vookash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 01:42 PM   #32
aarons
Eating a sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoYoungOne View Post
When I saw "super beginner" I thought that described me pretty well. But the first trick being a kick up mount is a looooong way off. So I guess that would make me a mega-ultra-super beginner I am at least a year from OUT The Game, even at the super beginner level.
I know. The learning curve is so high for these games. It has been a year, and I'm finally a super beginner. My problem is that I've never learned a new trick in a week. If someone sets a trick I can't already do, I'm in trouble.
aarons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 02:48 PM   #33
NotSoYoungOne
One wheelin' the Wasatch Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by vookash View Post
NotSoYoungOne don't give up that early. Maybe next trick will be easier for you. It takes at least three rounds to be OUT of this game
Thanks Vookash Can I still join the game? If so, add me to the list and I will give it a try!
Old 2011-03-10, 03:08 PM   #34
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

Kick up mount is actually not hard, it looks hard though. And it doesn't have to be a kick-up, he said just do a mount other than a normal mount, something creative.
Dane M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 03:43 PM   #35
Hack
Unicyclist

Quote:
When I saw "super beginner" I thought that described me pretty well. But the first trick being a kick up mount is a looooong way off.
I've been able to ride for probably a little over a week now, and when he posted the trick on Sunday, I landed it a couple times on Monday. It's not that hard of a trick. What I did to learn was i got right in front of this 2-pole structure thing in my house(anything to hold onto would work) and got the unicycle in the kick up position, then grabbed the thing with both my hands, and tried to do it. It took a while, but eventually I could do it while holding on with both hands. Then I took one hand off which, naturally, made it harder, and practiced like that. I actually went to trying it without holding on at all before I could do it solidly every time with one hand. I landed it a few times Monday, but now I can do it almost every time.

Quote:
What do "hop for 30 seconds without falling" or "hop up 6 inches" or "idle 5 times" or "3 tight figure 8's in a row" count as? (these are the kind of things I could try with some chance of success!) I guess these are just basic riding skills and not yet in the realm of tricks.
Haha this is why I waited until someone else posted something, so I wouldn't have to set. I don't know any tricks at all. Haha. Besides regular hopping and a small drop I have in my house.

Quote:
I have seen the kickup mount a few times but still don't get how to do it so I will watch these videos several times to see if I can figure it out. I really like the repetition and the angles on Hack's video - Thanks!
Hope it helps!

Quote:
It's always hard to define the level. This one is called Super Beginner just because the one called Beginner have pretty advanced tricks
NotSoYoungOne don't give up that early. Maybe next trick will be easier for you. It takes at least three rounds to be OUT of this game
Yeah NotSoYoungOne, hang in there.

Quote:
And by the way there are probably quite a lot of people who can hop and ride well, but still cannot idle
That would be me.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 03:06 AM   #36
Fakek
Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to Fakek
Quote:
What do "hop for 30 seconds without falling" or "hop up 6 inches" or "idle 5 times" or "3 tight figure 8's in a row" count as? (these are the kind of things I could try with some chance of success!)
Lol, for me the mount seems easier than the "Hop for 30 seconds withput falling" trick, i suck at maintaining balance when jumping.

I can't believe there were not a super begginer game before this thread. The learning curve of people who are super begginer is really fast. With a lot of practice and having fun while ridding any of us can progress to begginer/medium in a blink of an eye

I was trying the kick up mount yesterday and i landed it just once on like 30 attempts, today got like 5 in 20 attempts. Is not that hard at all, Im working hard on that mount to upload the video before sunday
Old 2011-03-11, 03:52 AM   #37
aarons
Eating a sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane M View Post
Kick up mount is actually not hard, it looks hard though.
You're right. I had never really tried hard to learn it until tonight. It only took about 20 minutes.
aarons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 03:57 AM   #38
NotSoYoungOne
One wheelin' the Wasatch Front

You guys rock. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm in

_ _ _ Trialfreak(landed)[sets next]
_ _ _ riverman
_ _ _ headcamguy*(set)
_ _ _ vookash
_ _ _ Fakek
_ _ _ Dane M
_ _ _ aarons
_ _ _ Hack(landed)
_ _ _ NSYO
Old 2011-03-11, 04:59 AM   #39
Hack
Unicyclist

Quote:
You guys rock. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm in
Sweet!
Old 2011-03-11, 05:53 AM   #40
vookash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakek View Post
Lol, for me the mount seems easier than the "Hop for 30 seconds withput falling" trick, i suck at maintaining balance when jumping.

I can't believe there were not a super begginer game before this thread.
There were some... there was another thread which featured at least one full game, then we had a couple of rounds ended by winter coming in.
Old 2011-03-12, 06:15 PM   #41
vookash

I've got it yesterday, but it was too dark for my camera to record anything so I've got it again today. Wasn't that easy to do it again even if I landed it 5 times in a row yesterday.

updated table:
_ _ _ Trialfreak(landed)[sets next]
_ _ _ riverman
_ _ _ headcamguy*(set)
_ _ _ vookash
_ _ _ Fakek
_ _ _ Dane M
_ _ _ aarons(landed)
_ _ _ Hack(landed)
_ _ _ NSYO

and as for joining. Everybody can join up to round 3. Just the latecomers get the letter for the rounds they missed.
Old 2011-03-12, 07:05 PM   #42
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

Nice job man! Looks nice where you live.

I was going to do a vid the other day when I had the whole day off, but I woke up with my back all crooked and couldn't ride all day! I should be back later, if not then tomorrow I will get one up. That is a promise.
Dane M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 03:48 PM   #43
Fakek
Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to Fakek
Ok, Here´s my vid, hope is not too late, , lol, a Tricyclist apears too!!, just noticed when i was uploading it

Last edited by Fakek; 2011-03-13 at 03:54 PM.
Fakek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 06:55 PM   #44
Hack
Unicyclist

So does Trialfreak set today or tomorrow?
Old 2011-03-13, 06:57 PM   #45
TrialFreak
Unicyclist

heres the new trick. its idle left, ride, ride backwards, idle right.

_ _ _ Trialfreak*(set)
O_ _ riverman
_ _ _ headcamguy*
_ _ _ vookash
_ _ _ Fakek
O_ _ Dane M
_ _ _ aarons
_ _ _ Hack
O_ _ NSYO

lets say that the deadline is monday cause i upload the vid so late

Last edited by TrialFreak; 2011-03-13 at 06:58 PM.
TrialFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, game, style, super