Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-05-08, 09:43 PM   #1
scott ttocs
Unicyclist

Unicyclists in Windermere or Grasmere UK?

Does anyone live and unicycle in the Lake District in the UK? I am here for a few days at a conference. It probably will not work out but I thought I would ask.

The hills here are beautiful. They are also steep. I am out of shape and am probably not capable of making any progress uphill. Downhill, on the other hand, might be fun. It is legal to ride a Muni on the trails in the Lake District?

Scott
scott ttocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 04:07 PM   #2
Onions
Life's more fun on a 26er

Quote:
It is legal to ride a Muni on the trails in the Lake District?
I've ridden the trails around there before, and never had a problem, so I'd guess so
I know there's some good singletrack in Grisedale forest and Whinlatter; they both make for great riding, and there's a good range of difficulties to make it interesting!
Onions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 05:14 PM   #3
WheelieDaft
Level 1 Unicyclist

It's legal to MUni on any Bridleway or MTB trail in the Lake District, but not on a trail that is only marked as a 'Public Footpath'.

We have riders up there, but not sure how often they check these forums. I'll throw a link to this post into our Unicycle North West group.

PendleSide Hospice charitable donations page: http://www.justgiving.com/WheelieDaft

Last edited by WheelieDaft; 2013-05-09 at 05:17 PM.
WheelieDaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grasmere, unicyclists, windermere