Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2020-01-24, 08:45 AM   #16
pierrox
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
I bought a bunch of Nukeproof Electron pedals when they were on sale and really like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogelfrei80 View Post
I bought Nukeproof Neutron Evo nylon pedals with metal pins... great value and cheap!
Love them too. If I remember correctly, they are sold under a different name/brand in the US.
They're great for offroad because their gripping power is insane. As insane as the marks they'll leave on your calf or shin... Wouldn't necessarily recommend them during the learning phase.
pierrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-24, 03:08 PM   #17
BHChieftain
Unicyclist

I ended up getting another set of Nimbus plastics. They have metal pins on them but they are supposed to be removable.

Chief
BHChieftain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-25, 11:00 PM   #18
BHChieftain
Unicyclist

Beginner pedals...
Attached Images

Old 2020-01-26, 06:08 PM   #19
MrImpossible
Unicyclist

Those aren't in bad shape by my standards. Here's what the ones on my casual-practice uni look like. The corners are so far gone that the metal inserts are getting chewed up, the place at the end of the axle has lost so much that the axle itself is starting to wear... but they still work fine!
Attached Images

MrImpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-26, 09:03 PM   #20
BHChieftain
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimpossible View Post
those aren't in bad shape by my standards. Here's what the ones on my casual-practice uni look like. The corners are so far gone that the metal inserts are getting chewed up, the place at the end of the axle has lost so much that the axle itself is starting to wear... But they still work fine!
#8^)
Old 2020-02-09, 05:50 AM   #21
slamdance
Unicyclist

Pedals? I've gone through a few of them.

1.) Aluminum studded pedal = nasty bear claw gashes on your shins. Unless, you wear like KH shin guards that protect both front and back.

2.) Plastic studded pedal = twisted ankle if you are doing lots of static tricks or idling practice. To avoid you must learn to "forcefully" jump off these pedals. They tend to grab you're shoes. Same problem with Al studs, also.

3.) Smooth pedals = best for learning. You can quickly slide feet off when in trouble. Also, for "not quite perfect" free mounts you can kinda of wiggle your feet and 'get centered' onto the pedals, if you are not. Only problem, wet conditions...yes slippery...watch out...but then just stay dry.

If you are a beginner, or an expert trying to learn idling or static tricks stick with smooth pedals. If you are doing high mileage, yes go for the plastic or aluminum studded pedals to prevent feet "moving" during long distance. If you are doing off-road wear "pads" to keep the bear claws away.

Last edited by slamdance; 2020-02-09 at 05:53 AM. Reason: ...
slamdance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pedal, recommendation