Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-01-13, 07:29 PM   #31
ally1776
UniMudder

Send a message via Yahoo to ally1776
I feel for you,hope you are alright. That stinks I hope they find the kid and actually do something about it. We have a problem in our neighborhood with a kid who moved in he has an assault rifle BB gun and a pistol and thinks it is alright to shoot it where ever.

Sorry that happened to you.

My Twitter Page

I plan on riding unicycles till I break a hip and then I'll ride a little longer.

Last edited by ally1776; 2013-01-13 at 07:30 PM.
ally1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 10:44 AM   #32
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb26 View Post
. The random acts of violence and intimidation are all to common to cyclists and unicyclists on the roads .
chavs and shady characters abound everywhere but their behaviour may differ.
Most of those I have met just started a competition on the cleverest remark they could make, but because I am an "old" person they just felt I was not entering competition for their females, younger unicyclists have had rougher experiences.
I got insults only when riding in England ... and these chavs were supposed to be ladies !
edit: here I also got insults from road cyclists in tight-fitted lycras but these are our natural ennemies
Old 2013-01-14, 04:08 PM   #33
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjteoo393 View Post
huong dan ca cuoc bong da
huong dan ca do bong da online
huong dan ca do bong da tren mang
really? but your grammar is improper !
Old 2013-01-14, 08:43 PM   #34
CJCrates
Unicyclist

It snowed today so a load of people at university were having snowball fights. I still rode in as usual but I ended up being assaulted quite a bit on my journey...

Can't say I blame them though, when you see someone riding in the snow on a unicycle they become an obvious target for a snowball. I know none of them were attacking me agressively and I never gave them the satisfaction of UPD'ing because of it.

Last edited by CJCrates; 2013-01-14 at 08:44 PM.
CJCrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 05:22 AM   #35
Straightarrow
Unicyclist

Joe: Sorry to hear you got shot. If I was there, I would have taken a BB for you. When bullets are whizzing by though it's every man for himself : )

What a bunch of knuckleheads to try to pull a stunt like that.
Old 2020-01-11, 10:37 PM   #36
bungeejoe
Joe Myers

It’s been seven years…

i suppose his record is mostly clean now.

I was unicycle juggling Boing Balls on the evening commute 10 January 2013. It has been 7 years since a teenager shot me in the rear while we were waiting for the signal to change. The teenager requested me to juggle for him while we waited for the light to turn green. Then shot me with an air pellet rifle for ignored his demands. Each time i stops for this same light on my evening commute i try to be ready to preform!

Unicycle commute juggling Boing Balls

Enjoy,
JM

P.S. As a juvenile he skipped out of county. When he turned 18 the prosecutor’s office informed me the had more important things to do.

I imagine the border crossings are not swift when he travels abroad.

bungeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 12:40 AM   #37
Gockie
OMG I rode a 5 foot giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungeejoe View Post

I was unicycle juggling Boing Balls on the evening commute 10 January 2013. It has been 7 years since a teenager shot me in the rear while we were waiting for the signal to change. The teenager requested me to juggle for him while we waited for the light to turn green. Then shot me with an air pellet rifle for ignored his demands. Each time i stops for this same light on my evening commute i try to be ready to preform!

Enjoy,
JM

P.S. As a juvenile he skipped out of county. When he turned 18 the prosecutor’s office informed me the had more important things to do.

I imagine the border crossings are not swift when he travels abroad.

That’s awesome.
Both the back story (it’s nuts)! and your new post.

Last edited by Gockie; 2020-01-12 at 12:40 AM.
Gockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-13, 08:17 AM   #38
Unigan
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungeejoe View Post

Damn sucks that happened to you, also blows that he essentially got away with it. That's a crazy story nice to know you're still around and riding.

I've ridden push bikes my whole life and I can remember times when people would drive up close and scream at you when they passed by. I've also had things thrown at me on occasion too. Fortunately I haven't had any negative interactions on my uni yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
Someone who says "arse" instead of "ass".

Those BBs can sting - I've played Airsoft a few times and they can draw blood. They can also blind you - although not in the arse.

I hope the police are taking it seriously.
When I saw WA in his profile I assumed Western Australia, as in Australia we say arse instead of ass. Although there is no town by the name of Bellingham in WA here.
Old 2020-01-14, 01:06 AM   #39
blueharmony
Kenny Cason

Wow, Joe. I didn’t know.
Old 2020-01-20, 04:26 PM   #40
janvanhulzen
Unicyclist

Getting shot is not nice. I have had to deal with a number of life threatening "jokes" or cases of careless behaviour. I have been pushed off the road by a car twice and got buzzed at by a car at high speed while riding a giraffe. The giraffe was much higher than the car and I could look straight down through the sun roof at the driver.

I guess the impulse to shout stupid remarks translates into this behaviour for some people.
janvanhulzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-21, 12:31 PM   #41
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanhulzen View Post
Getting shot is not nice. I have had to deal with a number of life threatening "jokes" or cases of careless behaviour. I have been pushed off the road by a car twice and got buzzed at by a car at high speed while riding a giraffe. The giraffe was much higher than the car and I could look straight down through the sun roof at the driver.

I guess the impulse to shout stupid remarks translates into this behaviour for some people.
Best to avoid riding on roads where cars and drive close by. In the Netherlands there is also very little space between the white stripe and the shoulder of the road. In Denmark there is at least half a metre and that often is just enough not to be blown off, with a lorry passing with 80kph. I've only had cars honk to me and then I throw up my hands telling them like "I am a winner"
In Germany just across the border on those back-roads, I noticed they are a bit too narrow and cars and vans drive very fast by. I keep away from those too or stop to let cars pass.
Setonix is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellingham, bullet, gun, shooting, shot, unicyclist