Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2003-09-20, 01:03 PM   #1
Marc70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1
Talking got my pic taken in the local paper

Got my pic taken in the local paper...now all the people I know will know about my new hobby without me having to brag...he he.
Attached Images
 
Marc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-20, 01:30 PM   #2
The 70's
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: got my pic taken in the local paper

There....finally got it to work.

--
Remove the OBVIOUS to reply.
"Marc70" <Marc70.u22rs@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Marc70.u22rs@timelimit.unicyclist.com...
>
> Got my pic taken in the local paper...now all the people I know will
> know about my new hobby without me having to brag...he he.
>
>
> +----------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Attachment filename: uni2.bmp |
> |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/163215|
> +----------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> --
> Marc70
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Marc70's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4443
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/27844
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-20, 01:39 PM   #3
Sofa
you - pee - dee
 
Sofa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 45
Posts: 3,202
Wow! Those stairs in the background were the first real stairs I ever rode down, , on a 26x1.95 'MUni'

Ahh the memories.

Dear Mr The 70's:

I grew up (gr 7-13) in North Bay in Granitteville.
My parents still live there and I get there during the Summer at at Xmas.

Perhaps we can hook up for a ride next time I'm there.

There is a guy who's about 20 that contacted me for a ride, he's fun to ride with. If you need someone to ride with.

Brian
__________________
Happy Life Day
Sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-20, 02:55 PM   #4
Erin
wheeler
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Vancouver Canada
Age: 64
Posts: 1,029
Though too shy to say so herself, Slugbath actually got her pic in the local paper this week too.... hope this attachment isn't too big... here goes:
Attached Images
 
__________________
"If you have no goals, you can accomplish almost anything!" Slugbath
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-20, 05:42 PM   #5
weeble
.
 
weeble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 57
Posts: 286
I was on the front page of the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Aug. 23, along with several other TCUC people. Actually it was a half-page foldover that sort of wrapped around the front section. I did not get a whole article written about me though...

The caption reads, " Members of the Twin Cities Unicycle Club try to stay on their bikes Friday in the parade."
Attached Images
 
__________________
All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much MUCH
thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the
far end. That is the theory that I have and which
is mine, and what it is too. - Ms. Anne Elk
weeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-20, 09:01 PM   #6
Klaas Bil
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: got my pic taken in the local paper

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:03:30 -0500, Marc70
<Marc70.u22rs@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Got my pic taken in the local paper


Nice! Those are quite long cranks aren't they?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
If the crank is moving then it really sounds as if it's loose. - onewheeldave trying to pinpoint the cause of a clicking crank

  Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-20, 09:26 PM   #7
joe
The Social Unicyclist
 
joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Newcastle, UK
Age: 31
Posts: 1,527
Send a message via MSN to joe
I was in 'The Yorkshire Post' (a while ago)



Joe,
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-20, 09:39 PM   #8
ubersquish
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 194
Send a message via AIM to ubersquish
i'm going to be in the shorthorn some time soon. those sneaky journos tricked me into it
ubersquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-21, 02:46 AM   #9
The 70's
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: got my pic taken in the local paper

I'd love to have someone else to ride with....that way I wouldn't be the
only one people point to and comment about.
(As a matter of fact, on the way home from shopping this evening, I saw
someone riding a uni near my place, so I quickly got on mine, and went and
had a chat with him.) Now I've got 1 person, but more would be a lot of fun.
Please do contact me, I'm looking forward to it.
marc_70@OBVIOUSyahoo.com

--
Remove the OBVIOUS to reply.
"Sofa" <Sofa.u24e5@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Sofa.u24e5@timelimit.unicyclist.com...
>
> Wow! Those stairs in the background were the first real stairs I ever
> rode down, , on a 26x1.95 'MUni'
>
> Ahh the memories.
>
> Dear Mr The 70's:
>
> I grew up (gr 7-13) in North Bay in Granitteville.
> My parents still live there and I get there during the Summer at at
> Xmas.
>
> Perhaps we can hook up for a ride next time I'm there.
>
> There is a guy who's about 20 that contacted me for a ride, he's fun to
> ride with. If you need someone to ride with.
>
> Brian
>
>
> --
> Sofa - King of TUni
>
> 'You're perfect Sofa!' - Scott (via 'Michael Moore'
> (http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html) parser )
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/27844
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-21, 02:51 AM   #10
The 70's
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: got my pic taken in the local paper

Oops...that's marc_70@OBVIOUSyahoo.ca


--
Remove the OBVIOUS to reply.
"The 70's" <marc_70@OBVIOUSyahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:t08bb.4454$mv6.783572@news20.bellglobal.com...
> I'd love to have someone else to ride with....that way I wouldn't be the
> only one people point to and comment about.
> (As a matter of fact, on the way home from shopping this evening, I saw
> someone riding a uni near my place, so I quickly got on mine, and went and
> had a chat with him.) Now I've got 1 person, but more would be a lot of

fun.
> Please do contact me, I'm looking forward to it.
> marc_70@OBVIOUSyahoo.com
>
> --
> Remove the OBVIOUS to reply.
> "Sofa" <Sofa.u24e5@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
> news:Sofa.u24e5@timelimit.unicyclist.com...
> >
> > Wow! Those stairs in the background were the first real stairs I ever
> > rode down, , on a 26x1.95 'MUni'
> >
> > Ahh the memories.
> >
> > Dear Mr The 70's:
> >
> > I grew up (gr 7-13) in North Bay in Granitteville.
> > My parents still live there and I get there during the Summer at at
> > Xmas.
> >
> > Perhaps we can hook up for a ride next time I'm there.
> >
> > There is a guy who's about 20 that contacted me for a ride, he's fun to
> > ride with. If you need someone to ride with.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> >
> > --
> > Sofa - King of TUni
> >
> > 'You're perfect Sofa!' - Scott (via 'Michael Moore'
> > (http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html) parser )
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
> > View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/27844
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-21, 03:01 AM   #11
The 70's
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: got my pic taken in the local paper

Make sure you post the pic...I want to see that one too.
(Hope I started something here...)

--
Remove the OBVIOUS to reply.
"ubersquish" <ubersquish.u2qmf@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:ubersquish.u2qmf@timelimit.unicyclist.com...
>
> i'm going to be in -the shorthorn- some time soon. those sneaky journos
> tricked me into it
>
>
> --
> ubersquish
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/27844
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-21, 03:06 AM   #12
The 70's
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: got my pic taken in the local paper

Don't know much about what's considered long or short, but they measure
~16cm from c to c (~6.25in).
What's better, a long crank or a short one? (Not that I want to change
anything, I'm starting to get real comfortable with this uni.)

--
Remove the OBVIOUS to reply.
"Klaas Bil" <klaasbil_remove_the_spamkiller_@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:3f6cbe95.3306315@newszilla.xs4all.nl...
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:03:30 -0500, Marc70
> <Marc70.u22rs@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
>
> >Got my pic taken in the local paper

>
> Nice! Those are quite long cranks aren't they?
>
> Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
> --
> If the crank is moving then it really sounds as if it's loose. -

onewheeldave trying to pinpoint the cause of a clicking crank
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-21, 07:43 AM   #13
andrew_carter
Back into muni!
 
andrew_carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Age: 34
Posts: 5,242
Quote:
" Members of the Twin Cities Unicycle Club try to stay on their bikes Friday in the parade."
Surely they could've done better than that hey!

Andrew
andrew_carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-21, 03:16 PM   #14
Jester2000
old miyata saddles are sexy
 
Jester2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northern California
Age: 32
Posts: 350
Hey, if anyone gets the Sacramento Bee, I'm going to be on the back of the scene section on next Friday, Sept. 26

-Jess
Jester2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-21, 10:56 PM   #15
Klaas Bil
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: got my pic taken in the local paper

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:50:21 -0700, "The 70's"
<marc_70@OBVIOUSyahoo.ca> wrote:

>Don't know much about what's considered long or short, but they measure
>~16cm from c to c (~6.25in).
>What's better, a long crank or a short one? (Not that I want to change
>anything, I'm starting to get real comfortable with this uni.)


Tall question, I'll keep it short. For a 24" non-offroad wheel (like
yours seems to be judging from the pic) 160 mm is considered long.

Long cranks (for a 24" wheel that would mean 150+ mm) are used if you
need a lot of leverage, such as on a trials or MUni setup. That has to
be matched with a fatter tyre and stronger hub, generally speaking.

Short cranks (for a 24" that would mean < 125 mm) are suited for
distance, yes a 24" can be a quite nimble distance machine.

Intermediate cranks (say, 125 to 145 mm) are best for general riding
around, as well as for freestyle.

Once Mikefule the unofficial king of wheelsize and crank length
writeups discovers this thread, you can expect a much longer story.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
If the crank is moving then it really sounds as if it's loose. - onewheeldave trying to pinpoint the cause of a clicking crank

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
local, paper, pic


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2019 Gilby
Page generated in 0.12040 seconds with 11 queries