Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-09-26, 04:49 PM   #16
Wheel Rider
From the Over 50 Group

Add me to the list. I made a cabin reservation today. Unless I can recruit someone else from the area it will be just me.

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature heals the disease. - Voltaire
Wheel Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 11:27 AM   #17
b2bivy
MUni-Half the wheels-Twice the fun

Send a message via AIM to b2bivy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Rider
Add me to the list. I made a cabin reservation today. Unless I can recruit someone else from the area it will be just me.
Glad to have you join us! Just so you know it sounds like there will be several Cokers there too so if you have a road wheel you might want to pack that as well. Looks like all the surrounding states are going to be represented so does anyone know of a rider from Arkansas??
b2bivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 11:50 PM   #18
solocycles
Unicyclist

Kids?

Is anyone bringing kids (12 y/o+)? My son is bugging me to come. He's a pretty good rider but would be stuck on his 20" street wheel. If this is going to be adults only he can sit it out, no big deal.

Marty
solocycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 02:08 AM   #19
Wheel Rider
From the Over 50 Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocycles
Is anyone bringing kids (12 y/o+)? My son is bugging me to come. He's a pretty good rider but would be stuck on his 20" street wheel. If this is going to be adults only he can sit it out, no big deal.

Marty
We (Memphis Club) have riden many times with kids on 20" wheels and they have done just fine. We welcome all riders.

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature heals the disease. - Voltaire
Old 2007-10-01, 02:10 AM   #20
Wheel Rider
From the Over 50 Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2bivy
Glad to have you join us! Just so you know it sounds like there will be several Cokers there too so if you have a road wheel you might want to pack that as well. Looks like all the surrounding states are going to be represented so does anyone know of a rider from Arkansas??
I have a 29" but I am not a very fast road rider.

Old 2007-10-02, 02:59 AM   #21
Doug
gauche rider

Quote:
We (Memphis Club) have riden many times with kids on 20" wheels and they have done just fine. We welcome all riders.
We're all kids. There were several younger riders at the last Arkansas event. They were all great to be around. There should be plenty of time for all styles of riding and speed. An event like this allows the hardware challenged to see and try different ride configurations before their next investment or what to list out for Santa.
Old 2007-10-03, 11:10 PM   #22
solocycles
Unicyclist

Sounds good..He'll be stoked to find out he's going.

Marty
Old 2007-10-14, 03:13 PM   #23
Wheel Rider
From the Over 50 Group

Five people have replied to this thread. How many people are coming? So far, it's just me from Memphis.

b2bivy - 1?
Doug - ?
Wheel Rider - 1
BirdFrenzy - 2?
solocycles -2?

Old 2007-10-14, 08:02 PM   #24
solocycles
Unicyclist

Total of 3 from Wichita.

Marty
Old 2007-10-15, 03:09 AM   #25
Doug
gauche rider

Three of us but I'm the only rider.

Are the Texans still coming?

Quote:
Five people have replied to this thread. How many people are coming? So far, it's just me from Memphis.

b2bivy - 1?
Doug - ?
Wheel Rider - 1
BirdFrenzy - 2?
solocycles -2?
Old 2007-10-15, 09:03 PM   #26
b2bivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Are the Texans still coming?

Yes, the last time I talked to them they were still a go, but unsure if it would be 2 or 3 riders. They work at a large bike shop in Dallas and have plenty of contacts so there might even be more... Oh, I'll be the only rider since the other rider I was trying to get said something about blackpowder season or some other nonsense....
Old 2007-10-17, 12:25 AM   #27
Doug
gauche rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2bivy
Yes, the last time I talked to them they were still a go, but unsure if it would be 2 or 3 riders. They work at a large bike shop in Dallas and have plenty of contacts so there might even be more... Oh, I'll be the only rider since the other rider I was trying to get said something about blackpowder season or some other nonsense....
Is he afraid of the deer hunters in the woods where we'll be? Or will he be one of them? Do we need orange vests for this particular weekend?

I'm not afraid of the hunters. We'll be long past any hunter after he wipes his eyes and radios back to camp saying "ya'll ain't gonna believe this".
Old 2007-10-18, 01:50 AM   #28
solocycles
Unicyclist

The wife and I are sitting in a hotel room in Blue Springs, Mo. with the plan to ride on Tursday/Friday on the Katy Trail. It's been raining all stinking day. Hopefully the trail will be ridable.

How does Mt. Ida handle fall showers?

Marty
Old 2007-10-18, 03:02 AM   #29
b2bivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocycles

How does Mt. Ida handle fall showers?
No expert on the area, but I would guess that it would take a LOT of rain to make much difference. Thin or non-existent topsoil and some rocky stretches. Of course if it does rain now we all know who cursed us....

As far as hunters - I don't perceive any problem especially if we don't do any crack of dawn riding, and there is no reason to unless its a Coker ride.
Old 2007-10-21, 09:44 PM   #30
solocycles
Unicyclist

I'm planning on bringing my DVD player for evening meditation and reflection. I have KH 1 Tired Guy, and Enter the Dragon, and Defect. If anyone else has any good Uni-vids bring them with you. Gettin' close.

Marty

Tags
27th, 28th, ida, muni, oct, rendezvous