Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 129 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-12-07, 12:20 AM   #28921
Into the blue
Groovy!

Send a message via AIM to Into the blue Send a message via MSN to Into the blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
Then it would block my stairs. You can just see the bottom of them in the second photo.
Me, I'd still rotate it but take the depth down to one set of logs instead of two so you don't bump into it while going upstairs/downstairs.

Your planning skillz are totez amazeballz.
(that's what the kids say these days, right?)

WAHOOLAZUMA!!!
(no pagedance for ten years then two in the space of two days!!!)
Get splined an a KH saet or ur a pansy.
Get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.

Last edited by Into the blue; 2017-12-07 at 12:21 AM.
Into the blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-07, 04:30 AM   #28922
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Into the blue View Post
Me, I'd still rotate it but take the depth down to one set of logs instead of two so you don't bump into it while going upstairs/downstairs.

Your planning skillz are totez amazeballz.
(that's what the kids say these days, right?)

WAHOOLAZUMA!!!
(no pagedance for ten years then two in the space of two days!!!)
Nah, not going to reduce the depth. I built it with three upright 2x8s with the log ends meeting at the half way point on the centre 2x8.

I've decided that if I do reduce the width I would bring it back to the edge of the window which would be about 14" and bring the capacity down to about half a cord.

Considering the big window has drapes less than 2 feet from the woodstove I am leaning towards not making any changes. I know that's a logical fallacy but we are all human.

It's good to see some dancing. We all know my timing is way off with 40 reply pages which results in very poor dancing performances.

Last edited by saskatchewanian; 2017-12-07 at 04:34 AM.
saskatchewanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 01:41 PM   #28923
William393
Supreme Commander

Red face

Sauna? Hmmmm. I’m doing okay without one so far.

Wildfires are due to climate change https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100...&nlid=69702611
The problem with the over-familiar, cliché-prone way of describing things, according to Alain de Botton: “Clichés are detrimental in so far as they inspire us to believe that they adequately describe a situation while merely grazing at its surface.”
William393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 02:53 PM   #28924
harper
768 - It's in your DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by William393 View Post
Wildfires are due to climate change.
Within some limit of parameters, isn't everything caused by climate change? Hasn't there always been climate change? Are you talking about real climate change or just invoking the myth of anthropogenic climate change?

Destroying the climate by shutting down nuclear power plants, one by one, since 1979.

Change is good. Bills are better.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 10:56 PM   #28925
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

I am of the fairly unpopular (and politically un-useful) opinion that anthropogenic climate effects started near the start of the holocene, with the advent of agriculture, the industrial revolution is a second shift.

The first half of our anthropogenic climate effects was more of a climate pause, creating a relatively stable climate in a time that the earth would naturally be cooling back into an iceage.

If we were affecting global climates 10,000 years or so with our rudimentary tools and low populations imagine what we are capable of now. It will be interesting to see how the world changes over my lifetime and it would be fascinating to borrow a time machine or TARDIS and have a peek at 10,000 years into the future.

We do not live in a static system.
Old 2017-12-10, 03:13 PM   #28926
Into the blue
Groovy!

Send a message via AIM to Into the blue Send a message via MSN to Into the blue
My Christmas tree is up.
I don't really 'do' Christmas so this is pushing the boat out as far as I'm concerned.
Had to improvise for the top of the tree.
Attached Images

Get splined an a KH saet or ur a pansy.
Get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.
Into the blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 09:16 PM   #28927
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

My first thought when seeing Spiderman atop the tree is; Shoulden't that be King Kong? but then you would need little bi-planes hanging from the ceiling to complete the effect. It's cute, I like it.

I put up some lights last week but have no intention to bring a tree inside. The lights are nice as they provide enough glow to go between my front door and the woodshed in the dark.

Anyone else put up Christmahanakwanzika decorations?
Old 2017-12-11, 05:58 PM   #28928
harper
768 - It's in your DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Into the blue View Post
My Christmas tree is up.
I don't really 'do' Christmas so this is pushing the boat out as far as I'm concerned.
Had to improvise for the top of the tree.
Superheroes are the new Christmas spirit. AWSUM!

Destroying the climate by shutting down nuclear power plants, one by one, since 1979.

Change is good. Bills are better.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 01:44 AM   #28929
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

Kevin Koe and his rink just edged out Mike McCewen to win the Roar of the Rings and the privilege to join Rachel Homan's rink representing Canada at the Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huEP_E2y-oU

Unlike Gushue's draw last year at the Brier this one was a bit light on purpose as he had three healthy sweepers.

Curling is such an awesome sport.

Here is the entire match now that I ruined the ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeQ83OJLA8M
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #28930
William393
Supreme Commander

Quote:
I am of the fairly unpopular (and politically un-useful) opinion that anthropogenic climate effects started near the start of the holocene, with the advent of agriculture, the industrial revolution is a second shift.
That view seems neither unpopular nor un-useful.
The problem with the over-familiar, cliché-prone way of describing things, according to Alain de Botton: “Clichés are detrimental in so far as they inspire us to believe that they adequately describe a situation while merely grazing at its surface.”
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #28931
William393
Supreme Commander

Quote:
Curling is such an awesome sport.
"I am of the fairly unpopular opinion that Curling is such an awesome sport."

I agree that is an unpopular opinion.

Tags
768, angrybirdsucksrealhard, blue blue, bluesopopular, gilby must delete this, gilby please delete this, gilby will delete this, i want blue inside me, i'm drunker than blue, intotheblue.is.sexy, intothebluemyhero, it wuz t*rry, itemno530, ivanmegadestroyer, most replys, noloitering!!!, reply, replys, return, spamtagsftw, stillpagedance, terry is the mind killer, terry.is.evil, terryreallydidkillmr, thevirginmaryisinblue!