Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-12-27, 10:06 PM   #2326
Alucard
Unicyclist

Hi guys.

Hope everyone is okay.
I was thinking of posting a pic of my Christmas Day unicycle injury
I caught my fingers in the spokes. With bits of skin missing it made it impossible to put my KH Gloves on so I unicycled without my gloves. Gloves are something that I always wear and it felt odd not to be wearing them. I thought I'd probably come a cropper without them but no, it was fine.
I was unicycling on the grass, (29”) in the field where Mr B flies his RC planes. ( no where near Gatwick BTW ) Grass is a bit more difficult to ride on than tarmac but there is the advantage of knowing a fall won’t hurt as much.
This time though there were sheep in the field and trying to dodge the poop added to the attraction. Anyway, the point I'm trying to get to is, (blowing my own trumpet here) that for some reason I rode my unicycle way better than ever before. I was able to slow my speed without falling off, think about what I was actually doing without falling off. I amazed myself.
Though I still couldn’t freemount in front of people. But once they turned their backs I was off and running. So it was a good day.
Not sure what I did differently, but if all my rides are like that I'm going to be a happy bunny.
Anyone new to unicycling that has found this thread, good luck, keep trying and honestly, If I can do it anyone can
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 06:51 AM   #2327
Gockie
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Hi guys.

Hope everyone is okay.
I was thinking of posting a pic of my Christmas Day unicycle injury
I caught my fingers in the spokes. With bits of skin missing it made it impossible to put my KH Gloves on so I unicycled without my gloves. Gloves are something that I always wear and it felt odd not to be wearing them. I thought I'd probably come a cropper without them but no, it was fine.
I was unicycling on the grass, (29”) in the field where Mr B flies his RC planes. ( no where near Gatwick BTW ) Grass is a bit more difficult to ride on than tarmac but there is the advantage of knowing a fall won’t hurt as much.
This time though there were sheep in the field and trying to dodge the poop added to the attraction. Anyway, the point I'm trying to get to is, (blowing my own trumpet here) that for some reason I rode my unicycle way better than ever before. I was able to slow my speed without falling off, think about what I was actually doing without falling off. I amazed myself.
Though I still couldn’t freemount in front of people. But once they turned their backs I was off and running. So it was a good day.
Not sure what I did differently, but if all my rides are like that I'm going to be a happy bunny.
Anyone new to unicycling that has found this thread, good luck, keep trying and honestly, If I can do it anyone can
Well done!
Gockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 05:29 AM   #2328
muck22
Unicyclist

Back again! Thx for birthday 🎂 wishes
muck22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 11:00 AM   #2329
Uniwitold
Unicyclist

Trick to learn keeping the weight on saddle 😉.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unireed View Post
smooth: weight on seat
veering left/right:not enough weight on seat

Sitting on the saddle instead on CRAMPED BY FEAR legs ELIMINATES wobble.
It is possible to make our behind to be our teacher by......eliminating fear.
Using rollers & uni accommodates “teacher” in our bum 😂🤣.Obviously it is NECESSARY to stabilise on both sides.Roller do NOT permit unicycling.
😫 I have attempted to attach picture of 1/2 folded roller with 20” uni BUT
I was UNABLE to use my library = it does NOT accept iPad it wants computer input 🤔🤐.

Tags
journal, learning