Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 165 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-11-16, 02:03 AM   #8041
Canoeheadted
Unicyclist

Maybe when the child starts on a tricycle, it might be a good time for the neighbour (you!) to explain the meaning of the different prefixes.
Canoeheadted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 11:04 AM   #8042
OneTrackMind
Unicyclist

Riding past a pub and a guy says to his friends:

"This town! Just when you thought there were no more surprises."
Old 2018-11-21, 11:05 AM   #8043
OneTrackMind
Unicyclist

Passing a couple of brothers when the four year old says, "Broken bike".
Old 2018-11-26, 10:52 AM   #8044
Quax1974
Wobbly

Last weekend as my Muni buddy and I were taking a break during our forest tour.

Two guys walking their dogs: "you've split your bike"
(as in: split one bike between the two of you)

Followed by a genuine discussion about the hobby
Quax1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 10:44 AM   #8045
aracer
Registered Unicyclist

"You're missing a wheel" - hardly original, but I did come up with a good reply on the spot (which may not be original either) "I've got one more than you"

Clearly that only works in some circumstances - in this case it was somebody also leaving the climbing wall I'd just been to (where I'm notorious for being the chap who comes on a unicycle) and clearly friendly, he laughed at my reply. I reckon I'll reuse it though.
Old 2018-12-26, 09:26 PM   #8046
Alucard
Unicyclist

While out today I was asked if I'm going to get the other part of my b*ke next Christmas
Then I was asked if I was going to join the circus

There’s just no hope for some people is there
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 10:32 PM   #8047
As Stupid Does
Unicyclist

Y’all need to take it as a compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
While out today I was asked if I'm going to get the other part of my b*ke next Christmas
Then I was asked if I was going to join the circus

There’s just no hope for some people is there
Human nature is to criticize everyone who has any ability greater than we possess. And encourage anyone who lacks the abilities we possess.

Thus we feed our egotistical self-worth. We feel justified in not having to complete against those who may be superior and proud to be better than anyone inferior.

Therefore, when someone is critical or cutting, learn to take it as a compliment. Thank them and smile big. Yes, you CAN unicycle! And remember you’re a unicyclist “because you CAN”!

Mama says,
“Stupid is as stupid does.”

As Stupid Does is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 06:12 PM   #8048
elpuebloUNIdo
Viva la revolucion!

The other day, a guy said "Someone jacked your other wheel." I started talking to him and could tell right away he was homeless. I asked him if he was warm enough, because the nights have been getting cold in SoCal. He told me he had a traumatic brain injury that makes it difficult for him to control his emotions. Then he told me how, 24 hours earlier, he was beaten up. The man who beat him up was accompanied by his son, and the man told the son to "finish the job." He was sobbing at this point in our conversation. I walked back to my house with him, gave him an old fleece sweat jacket and a pair of socks, then drove him to the place where he hangs out in the middle of the night, the back patio of a restaurant. He carried a heavy backpack and a sleeping bag.

I have seen more homeless people in our neighborhood recently. A while back, Orange County, California cleared the homeless out of some of their larger encampments. One of them was along the Santa Ana River, another at the County Civic Center.

The next day, I decided to unicycle along a route where I expected to see more homeless people. As I was about to turn onto a dirt path, I was passed by a small off road vehicle belonging to the Sheriff's Department. I entered the dirt area, and there was a sign which read: "No camping. No storing of personal items."

"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread." --Anatole France
elpuebloUNIdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 10:10 AM   #8049
Dingfelder
Smoov Moob Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread." --Anatole France
Seen it translated slightly differently but essentially the same. One of my favorite quotes ever.
Old 2019-01-05, 01:37 AM   #8050
Gockie
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
The other day, a guy said "Someone jacked your other wheel." I started talking to him and could tell right away he was homeless. I asked him if he was warm enough, because the nights have been getting cold in SoCal. He told me he had a traumatic brain injury that makes it difficult for him to control his emotions. Then he told me how, 24 hours earlier, he was beaten up. The man who beat him up was accompanied by his son, and the man told the son to "finish the job." He was sobbing at this point in our conversation. I walked back to my house with him, gave him an old fleece sweat jacket and a pair of socks, then drove him to the place where he hangs out in the middle of the night, the back patio of a restaurant. He carried a heavy backpack and a sleeping bag.

I have seen more homeless people in our neighborhood recently. A while back, Orange County, California cleared the homeless out of some of their larger encampments. One of them was along the Santa Ana River, another at the County Civic Center.

The next day, I decided to unicycle along a route where I expected to see more homeless people. As I was about to turn onto a dirt path, I was passed by a small off road vehicle belonging to the Sheriff's Department. I entered the dirt area, and there was a sign which read: "No camping. No storing of personal items."

So sad
Gockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 08:55 PM   #8051
ruari
 

Out cycling in the snow on my way home on Friday (the following is roughly translated from Norwegian):

Pedestrian: Do you have a spiked tyre on that?
Me: Of course, otherwise it would just be silly.
ruari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 07:05 AM   #8052
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Today on the bike path, riding my 36" behind my wife on her recumbent. A man walking in the opposite direction said, "What a contrast between two riders!" and I finally got an appropriate chance to use this one:
"That's the tall and the short of it."

"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #8053
Siddhartha Valmont
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruari View Post
Out cycling in the snow on my way home on Friday (the following is roughly translated from Norwegian):

Pedestrian: Do you have a spiked tyre on that?
Me: Of course, otherwise it would just be silly.
Nice !

A very relevant question and a proper while still funny reply
Siddhartha Valmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
day, mumpitz, nonriders, unicycle