Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 129 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-12-07, 12:20 AM   #28921
Into the blue
Groovy!
 
Into the blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rainy Wales
Age: 48
Posts: 10,019
Send a message via AIM to Into the blue Send a message via MSN to Into the blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
Then it would block my stairs. You can just see the bottom of them in the second photo.
Me, I'd still rotate it but take the depth down to one set of logs instead of two so you don't bump into it while going upstairs/downstairs.

Your planning skillz are totez amazeballz.
(that's what the kids say these days, right?)

WAHOOLAZUMA!!!
(no pagedance for ten years then two in the space of two days!!!)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
I wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
Get splined an a KH saet or ur a pansy.
Get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.

Last edited by Into the blue; 2017-12-07 at 12:21 AM.
Into the blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-07, 04:30 AM   #28922
saskatchewanian
ERIC P
 
saskatchewanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada
Age: 32
Posts: 6,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Into the blue View Post
Me, I'd still rotate it but take the depth down to one set of logs instead of two so you don't bump into it while going upstairs/downstairs.

Your planning skillz are totez amazeballz.
(that's what the kids say these days, right?)

WAHOOLAZUMA!!!
(no pagedance for ten years then two in the space of two days!!!)
Nah, not going to reduce the depth. I built it with three upright 2x8s with the log ends meeting at the half way point on the centre 2x8.

I've decided that if I do reduce the width I would bring it back to the edge of the window which would be about 14" and bring the capacity down to about half a cord.

Considering the big window has drapes less than 2 feet from the woodstove I am leaning towards not making any changes. I know that's a logical fallacy but we are all human.


It's good to see some dancing. We all know my timing is way off with 40 reply pages which results in very poor dancing performances.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. - Jack Layton

Last edited by saskatchewanian; 2017-12-07 at 04:34 AM.
saskatchewanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 01:41 PM   #28923
William393
Supreme Commander
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 362
Red face

Sauna? Hmmmm. I知 doing okay without one so far.

Wildfires are due to climate change https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100...&nlid=69702611
William393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 02:53 PM   #28924
harper
768 - It's in your DNA
 
harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Age: 66
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by William393 View Post
Wildfires are due to climate change.
Within some limit of parameters, isn't everything caused by climate change? Hasn't there always been climate change? Are you talking about real climate change or just invoking the myth of anthropogenic climate change?
__________________
-Greg Harper

Destroying the climate by shutting down nuclear power plants, one by one, since 1979.

Change is good. Bills are better.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 10:56 PM   #28925
saskatchewanian
ERIC P
 
saskatchewanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada
Age: 32
Posts: 6,420
I am of the fairly unpopular (and politically un-useful) opinion that anthropogenic climate effects started near the start of the holocene, with the advent of agriculture, the industrial revolution is a second shift.

The first half of our anthropogenic climate effects was more of a climate pause, creating a relatively stable climate in a time that the earth would naturally be cooling back into an iceage.

If we were affecting global climates 10,000 years or so with our rudimentary tools and low populations imagine what we are capable of now. It will be interesting to see how the world changes over my lifetime and it would be fascinating to borrow a time machine or TARDIS and have a peek at 10,000 years into the future.

We do not live in a static system.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. - Jack Layton
saskatchewanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 03:13 PM   #28926
Into the blue
Groovy!
 
Into the blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rainy Wales
Age: 48
Posts: 10,019
Send a message via AIM to Into the blue Send a message via MSN to Into the blue
My Christmas tree is up.
I don't really 'do' Christmas so this is pushing the boat out as far as I'm concerned.
Had to improvise for the top of the tree.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
I wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
Get splined an a KH saet or ur a pansy.
Get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.
Into the blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 09:16 PM   #28927
saskatchewanian
ERIC P
 
saskatchewanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada
Age: 32
Posts: 6,420
My first thought when seeing Spiderman atop the tree is; Shoulden't that be King Kong? but then you would need little bi-planes hanging from the ceiling to complete the effect. It's cute, I like it.

I put up some lights last week but have no intention to bring a tree inside. The lights are nice as they provide enough glow to go between my front door and the woodshed in the dark.

Anyone else put up Christmahanakwanzika decorations?
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. - Jack Layton
saskatchewanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-11, 05:58 PM   #28928
harper
768 - It's in your DNA
 
harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Age: 66
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Into the blue View Post
My Christmas tree is up.
I don't really 'do' Christmas so this is pushing the boat out as far as I'm concerned.
Had to improvise for the top of the tree.
Superheroes are the new Christmas spirit. AWSUM!
__________________
-Greg Harper

Destroying the climate by shutting down nuclear power plants, one by one, since 1979.

Change is good. Bills are better.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 01:44 AM   #28929
saskatchewanian
ERIC P
 
saskatchewanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada
Age: 32
Posts: 6,420
Kevin Koe and his rink just edged out Mike McCewen to win the Roar of the Rings and the privilege to join Rachel Homan's rink representing Canada at the Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huEP_E2y-oU

Unlike Gushue's draw last year at the Brier this one was a bit light on purpose as he had three healthy sweepers.

Curling is such an awesome sport.

Here is the entire match now that I ruined the ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeQ83OJLA8M
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. - Jack Layton
saskatchewanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 10:47 PM   #28930
William393
Supreme Commander
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
I am of the fairly unpopular (and politically un-useful) opinion that anthropogenic climate effects started near the start of the holocene, with the advent of agriculture, the industrial revolution is a second shift.
That view seems neither unpopular nor un-useful.
William393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 10:49 PM   #28931
William393
Supreme Commander
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
Curling is such an awesome sport.
"I am of the fairly unpopular opinion that Curling is such an awesome sport."

I agree that is an unpopular opinion.
William393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-19, 01:14 PM   #28932
saskatchewanian
ERIC P
 
saskatchewanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada
Age: 32
Posts: 6,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by William393 View Post
"I am of the fairly unpopular opinion that Curling is such an awesome sport."

I agree that is an unpopular opinion.
Not north of the border, or at least in the land of the swift flowing river.


Went to two funerals in three days. Both were very well done, standing room only.

My Uncle, Andr Laforge, A P.Ag in the Fertilizer business died at 62 years old after a three year battle with cancer.

A co-worker or sorts, Derek Keast, A Conservation Officer Supervisor with the Ministry of Environment who I was just starting to get to know better after a few suspicious fire investigations. He died suddenly of a apparent heart attack at only 54 years old.


It's odd to think I might already be half way there, I guess you never know.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. - Jack Layton
saskatchewanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-19, 05:52 PM   #28933
harper
768 - It's in your DNA
 
harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Age: 66
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post

Went to two funerals in three days. Both were very well done, standing room only.

My Uncle, Andr Laforge, A P.Ag in the Fertilizer business died at 62 years old after a three year battle with cancer.

A co-worker or sorts, Derek Keast, A Conservation Officer Supervisor with the Ministry of Environment who I was just starting to get to know better after a few suspicious fire investigations. He died suddenly of a apparent heart attack at only 54 years old.
Sorry to hear about your uncle and co-worker. Both were too young.

Going through the Panama Canal in February on a sailboat with my older brother. Always wanted to do it.
__________________
-Greg Harper

Destroying the climate by shutting down nuclear power plants, one by one, since 1979.

Change is good. Bills are better.

Last edited by harper; 2017-12-19 at 05:53 PM.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 02:32 PM   #28934
dan de man
Byronic hero
 
dan de man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ewar Woowar
Age: 25
Posts: 3,981
Send a message via MSN to dan de man
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
Not north of the border, or at least in the land of the swift flowing river.


Went to two funerals in three days. Both were very well done, standing room only.

My Uncle, Andr Laforge, A P.Ag in the Fertilizer business died at 62 years old after a three year battle with cancer.

A co-worker or sorts, Derek Keast, A Conservation Officer Supervisor with the Ministry of Environment who I was just starting to get to know better after a few suspicious fire investigations. He died suddenly of a apparent heart attack at only 54 years old.


It's odd to think I might already be half way there, I guess you never know.
condolences
__________________
[QUOTE/into the blue]Am I the only one who finds it incredibly egotistical when someone sigs themselves?
[QUOTE/dan de man]yes , yes you are
dan de man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 04:41 PM   #28935
Jener8or
Unicyclist
 
Jener8or's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Idaho, USA
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by William393 View Post
Sauna? Hmmmm. I知 doing okay without one so far.
Nobody needs a sauna. I'm doing pretty well with one so far.

I love the Spidey tree topper. I totally looked around for something as worthy for our tree, but nothing found so far. We used to have this real rough-looking angel. I'd bitch about it every year at how ragged that that thing looked on top of our tree. Little did I know that only after my spouse conceded to throw it away, that "Bedhead Angel" was the heart of family tradition and now our house during the holidays feels oddly devoid... (Not saying I'd put that haggard thing back on top the tree, but maybe rubbishing her completely was a bad idea...) Meh, we'll be up snowboarding on Christmas anyways!

Someone recently told me that 2017 was ruled by Kali. I don't really follow organized religion, but I can't disagree with their analysis. http://awarenessact.com/the-year-of-...s-and-endings/
Jener8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
768, angrybirdsucksrealhard, blue blue, bluesopopular, gilby must delete this, gilby please delete this, gilby will delete this, i want blue inside me, i'm drunker than blue, intotheblue.is.sexy, intothebluemyhero, it wuz t*rry, itemno530, ivanmegadestroyer, most replys, noloitering!!!, reply, replys, return, spamtagsftw, stillpagedance, terry is the mind killer, terry.is.evil, terryreallydidkillmr, thevirginmaryisinblue!


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2016 Gilby
You Rated this Thread:
Page generated in 1.25035 seconds with 12 queries