Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2019-11-20, 08:51 AM   #31
Unigan
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceC View Post
Well, after riding my 29 through part of the Royal National Park on a nice Sunday morning I don't think anything pedaled there is safe, but a unicycle was just suicidal. Hard to hold the line along the narrow road's edge, broken branches, camber and bumps pushing you into the flow of traffic, no emergency stopping other than UPD, and any UPD would mean you and/or unicycle going under the wheels of passing car and motorcycle hoons. Hoons you can't see coming as turning the head can make you even less stable.

The unicycle itself is safer than a bike, so issues there, but the environment it is operating in must be considered.
Point taken I spose, I've gotten so used to my uni I can almost ride it everywhere I would ride a bike and even some places where I wouldn't ride my bike. You are right about looking behind that is tricky to do and there are some rare occasions where I would come to a complete stop before crossing roads as I can't see if there's potentially a vehicle behind me.
Unigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia