Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-01-09, 08:16 AM   #1
Dantheunicycleman
Unicyclist

Any information on unicycle hockey?

I just heard of something amazing called unicycle hockey. I looked up a couple of videos and it is just as cool as it sounds. Does any one play? How long does it take to learn to play well? Are there teams in the U.S.? Where would I go to play considering that I don't have any friends who unicycle? Any information is helpful.
Dantheunicycleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 06:08 PM   #2
tholub
Totally Doable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheunicycleman View Post
I just heard of something amazing called unicycle hockey. I looked up a couple of videos and it is just as cool as it sounds. Does any one play? How long does it take to learn to play well? Are there teams in the U.S.? Where would I go to play considering that I don't have any friends who unicycle? Any information is helpful.
It's a fairly common activity in uni clubs and at conventions. Your best bet to pick up a game is one of the northern clubs (Seattle, Minneapolis, Detroit), or go to nationals (in Madison, Wisconsin this year).

If you can unicycle and play hockey, it's not hard to pick up unicycle hockey; the stick helps you balance, and the game physics are fairly similar.

You could try to crash a roller hockey game.
tholub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hockey, information, unicycle