Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2016-02-24, 01:34 AM   #1
MUniGeek
Unicyclist

Talking Calgary/Canmore - Rundle's Revenge

Hey all,

I'm planning on registering for a 25 km MTB race in Canmore this June. I've confirmed with the organizers that they'll accept a unicycle entry. I chose it because it doesn't look to be an ultra competitive race, and based on pictures and videos, it should be a good challenge without killing me.

That said, I've got a lot of work to do to get ready. I've never ridden 25 km in the mountains before, and my climbing needs a fair bit of work. The race starts with a climb, and I don't want people to say "Look, it's a guy WALKING a unicycle!" On top of that, I could stand to get better at some basic trials techniques to help prevent unnecessary dismounts on the trail

Is there anyone on here that lives in the Calgary area that would be up for some regular riding? I've got a couple of mountain biking friends, but it would be great for company and skill to ride with another unicyclist. I plan to get out at least once a week, which will probably be at Nose Hill Park until the snow melts in the mountains. Let me know if you want to join!
Old 2016-11-07, 02:50 AM   #2
charsplat
Unicyclist

Too late?

It's too late for your June race but I'd be up for getting out riding more. I'm in NW Calgary. Maybe squeeze in a couple rides before the weather goes blah?
charsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 07:34 PM   #3
muni123
Unicyclist

I'm in canmore but always looking for people to ride with! the weathers still looking good...

Visit municycle.ca for all your unicycle needs
muni123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 01:17 AM   #4
charsplat
Unicyclist

Saturday (Nov 12) ride @ Tuscany Ravine?

It's not Canmore but I was thinking about doing some riding in Tuscany (12 Mile Could) this Saturday if you happen to be in Calgary or anyone else sees this and wants to join.
charsplat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alberta, calgary, calgary or canmore, canmore, race, revenge, rundle