Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycle Product Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-03-01, 09:40 PM   #1
streetcycalist
Unicyclist

Question Kris Holm 08 gloves ripped

Hopefully that worked, Im not sure how to insert pictures yet.

I've only had these gloves since christmas and I usually only wear them for the first 30 minutes of a session because my hands get hot. Im a little disapointed to see them rip so early, has anyone else had the same problem with theirs?
Ok, the picture didnt work but the rip is right along the seam of wear the thumb meets the palm padding.

Last edited by streetcycalist; 2009-03-01 at 09:42 PM.
streetcycalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 08:45 PM   #2
PhauSst
Unicyclist

I've not had the same problem, but mine is getting ripped where the velcro meets the glove.. i can post pics if you want to see it..
PhauSst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 12:08 AM   #3
minkuni
Meat popsicle

Take a look at the attached file to see how to attach files The button you need to use is labeled "Manage Attachments".

Oh and, my KH gloves are worn right through where my left thumb rests on the KH saddle grip. I also tore a hole in the lighter fabric on the upper side during a high-speed (for a unicycle anyway ) fall on asphalt.
minkuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 12:19 AM   #4
minkuni
Meat popsicle

edit: I am an idiot and forgot to attach the attachment which was supposed to show how easy it is to attach stuff...also tried to bend the 10-minute rule, oh well
Attached Images

minkuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 12:45 AM   #5
streetcycalist
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkuni View Post
edit: I am an idiot and forgot to attach the attachment which was supposed to show how easy it is to attach stuff...also tried to bend the 10-minute rule, oh well
Okay thanks for the tip on that, the tear is on my left glove and i hold the handle with my right hand so I'm not sure how this happend, I actually didn't even notice the tear until I was taking the gloves out of my backpack to go outside because it was 15 degrees F outside.
Old 2009-03-07, 04:39 AM   #6
wickedbob

Wow, I have the 07's and have ridden them like crazy and they are like new almost. Nothing wrong with them at all.
wickedbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 08:57 PM   #7
streetcycalist
Unicyclist

weird, i dont think ill have to replace mine though... probably a little warm to wear anyways with spring coming up
Old 2009-03-12, 11:03 PM   #8
streetcycalist
Unicyclist

Just went outside to practice and after an attempt at a 360 unispin i bent my KH07 frame seat tube. Feels very off balance to ride now, just a message on krisholm.com to find a solution for this.
Old 2009-04-26, 10:43 PM   #9
whitey

Yeah mine ripped pretty badly along that thumb seam too. There's also a hole forming between the index finger and thumb on the other hand. I havent done that much riding in them really, and i only got them at christmas. (4 months ago)
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 10:51 PM   #10
humblbee
humblbee

mine are seperating at the same seem. between the thumb and palm pad. they are barely used. I will just repair them and ride on.
humblbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 05:16 AM   #11
naturequack
Igloo ceiling

I tore my glove after a fall on pavement last year. As far as I'm concerned the gloves worked. I didn't sprain my wrist and the skin on my palm was also intact. I'd much rather tear my glove than my hand. I just sewed up my glove and ordered a new pair.
Geoff
Attached Images

Mustn't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
naturequack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:39 PM   #12
rob.northcott
Mainly XC Muni

Mine are the older type (red backs, two-tone grey leathery front) and they have only just started to wear through recently - there's a small hole in the back of one finger and the end of one finger has split where the stitching as worn through (but could easily be restitched). Apart from that they're still fine. The new design looks much more flimsy to me - I had a look at some at BUC last weekend and decided I'd be better off patching up my old pair.

What do other people think? Are the new gloves generally weaker than the old ones?

Rob
rob.northcott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gloves, holm, kris, ripped