Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycle Product Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-10-10, 05:38 PM   #76
JamesFlynnII

I know it's not a proper unicycle, but I just picked up this bad boy as a daily commuter.
https://transportationevolved.com/ap...peeder-review/
Thing is a blast to ride
JamesFlynnII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 09:28 PM   #77
Up Rite
Unicyclist in training.

I rented a Segway for a day once. It was a blast and easy to learn. I felt my muscles being used in new ways.

This electric thing you are riding is one wheel, and I think there should be some room for them here. It seems that one of these takes skill and time to learn but I have not tried it myself. I have seen a few of them being ridden around.

I am a newbie, still learning the very basics. Going to concentrate on learning this for quite a while to get half decent before I expand to learning other balance and agility arts that interest me. One of the reasons that I am attracted to unicycling is that it takes up very little space to store it, no special gear or vehicle is needed to transport it, mine all fit hidden in the trunk of my car. For a fraction of the cost of cycling and motorcycle riding, I can have the very best equipment.

While a unicycle is slower (except for Kris Holm who came in 3rd in a bicycle race against 500 cyclists) than other two wheeled options, it is much faster than walking. It is a tremendous superior workout.

Once you are pretty comfortable with using your electric rig, for a fraction of the cost, I would suggest picking up a unicycle. Start to practice with it once in a while and expand your horizons and get the additional benefits unique to pedal unicycling.

Here is a KTM electric unicycle:

Grin's electric boosted pedal unicycle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C1n6XAypag

Tags
bought, electric, unicycle