Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Trading Post

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-05-15, 06:12 PM   #571
UnderTheLake
I like pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunirider View Post
Why yes somebody does have a new unicycle, thanks for posting that up! I've been looking for a reasonably priced 36er to start building up and playing with and this should fit the bill.

I talked the seller down due to the wheel in bad need of being trued up, like rubbing on the frame... The next morning I got it running true n swapped out the saddle and pedals for some extras I had laying around. Took it out that afternoon for my first big wheel ride.

Wow! The largest I've previously ridden has been my 26" lightweight road uni. Was able to ride a few laps around my usual practice spot without much problem after using my Jeep to assist mounting, but free mounting it will definitely take some time to get down.
Congrats on the new uni! I'm glad I could point you to it. If you're looking to ride with other big wheelers, the Twin Cities Unicycle Club is having a group ride on Sunday. Here's their blurb:

"Lake Harriet Ride on Sunday: National Ride a Unicycle Day!!!
In honor of the day, we will be having a ride at Lake Harriet at 1 pm on Sunday, May 20th! Meet at the bandshell before 1 pm. If possible, wear TCUC apparel!
Lake Harriet Bandshell Map: https://goo.gl/ivPb5A
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/452765741844539/ "

I won't be there on Sunday, but if you're looking to ride some other time, I often ride somewhere in St. Paul after work. I'll say supportive things while you try to free mount.
UnderTheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 06:56 PM   #572
ARsnLGnnR
Lover of all things outdoors!

I just picked up a nimbus nightfox for $250 down in Austin, Texas. Like new. No scratches on the frame, only two scratches on nimbus shadow t-bars. Little nipple thingies on the tire still there. It had hardly been ridden at all.
ARsnLGnnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 06:19 AM   #573
DirtyPuddle
Unicycler

Sweet Nimbus Muni on eBay, ships to lower 48.
DirtyPuddle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
(no prefix), post, sale, sites, unicycles