Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2015-07-04, 05:16 AM   #1
eastcoaststeve

Dirt Uni

Hello all,

Just added a third uni to my stable and I'm thrilled to have it. Always thought the downhill unis were very cool, but slightly crazy...when this one popped up I knew I had to have it. Seller included an extra set of legs with a Magura rim brake mounted....looking forward to trying a brake for the first time. Profile hub and cranks look like they should last forever.
I did a bit of digging and it looks like it was built by Eugene Cathcart. Wondering if he's still building?

Steve
eastcoaststeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 05:33 AM   #2
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

I'm not familiar with that name or model, it may be a one-off. The bearing holders look like the ones on the old Columbia unicycles from the 70s, but different fork legs. Profile crankset, which started out in 2002. Also you have a Nokian Gazaloddi tire, which is no longer made. Those were really popular, and the original "fat tire" for MUni back in the day.

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 10:24 PM   #3
Moron
Unicyclist

Titanium?

There was a pretty pristine example of a Dirt Uni for sale a while back. Are all of them titanium?

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117076
Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 02:29 AM   #4
eastcoaststeve

John, from what I've dug up, it looks like Eugene built a few. It has a "Normal Cycles Unicycles That Shred" decal on it.
I'm thinking it's 2004 ish. I remember the big Nokian from back then...hadn't seen one in a while...wish they still made them.

Moron, that Ti uni is awesome...wish I had seen it while it was available.
This one is steel and burly.

Steve
eastcoaststeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 09:20 PM   #5
edg
Unicyclist

Dirt Uni

I have a virtual twin of that Muni, which I've been riding hard for years. Major difference is the 170 mm 8 spline KH cranks on mine. I occasionally worry that the aluminum crown will crack, but its shown no sign of giving up. Nice ride.
edg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirt, uni