Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-07-03, 10:55 AM   #301
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaalrus View Post
I made another version with a longer bar which enables me to do one-finger braking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkvGyYXA5xr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkstmctgM0b/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkvaSZlAOmH/
Don't you find it more troublesome to have the brake more to the front? Because of the T-Bar on my 32", the brake handle is also in front of the seat, but when going downhill, it makes balancing a bit more difficult I think. With handle right under the seat, closer to the centre feels better.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 11:37 AM   #302
Setonix
Unicyclist

Unfortunately waited too long to be able to edit the previous message. Anyways Waalrus, another thing I noticed with your handle bar, where are the handles, there is only a bar
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 04:11 PM   #303
waaalrus
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
Don't you find it more troublesome to have the brake more to the front? Because of the T-Bar on my 32", the brake handle is also in front of the seat, but when going downhill, it makes balancing a bit more difficult I think. With handle right under the seat, closer to the centre feels better.
I completely agree that closer to center feels better, especially on the freewheel. My hand position is actually very similar to what it is when the lever is mounted directly under the bumper. It's just turned 90 degrees so that I can use a single index finger to brake. There might be a way to have a differently shaped bar (maybe J) so that the lever could be turned so that it's more like a lever on a mountain bike but that configuration might have more a tendency to snag on legs during a UPD and it might be more difficult to protect the brake hose.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkxpEzgg8Nx/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
Unfortunately waited too long to be able to edit the previous message. Anyways Waalrus, another thing I noticed with your handle bar, where are the handles, there is only a bar
It may be difficult to see in the photo since it's black but I have a grip on the bar where I hold it. On longer rides when I'm mostly pedaling (vs. coasting or brake-coasting) I put my left hand over the right one just slightly ahead of it.
waaalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 04:35 PM   #304
waaalrus
Unicyclist

I put my original handle on my fixed unicycle and am trying out this new one on my freewheel unicycle. I cut about 2" off the bar and this is the longest the brake hose will reach. Instead of cutting off the top of the T I attached the flexible PVC coupling to a cut off handlebar end.

Name:  IMG_20180822_170013.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  317.1 KB
waaalrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
сосиска, handlebars, homemade, mumpitz, post, unicycle