Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-10-20, 02:47 PM   #331
MrImpossible
Unicyclist

There's a Unicoi state park here in Georgia, and every once in a while I'll see a t-shirt and be sure it's some unicycle convention souvenir. Unicon? No, that's not right...
Attached Images

MrImpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 04:09 AM   #332
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
Last week I went to holiday to Paris and on the way back I saw this car riding in front of me.
The text of this thread could have been more simply:
You take a picture of this.

And share it.

And everyone gets it!

"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 07:51 AM   #333
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
The text of this thread could have been more simply:
You take a picture of this.

And share it.

And everyone gets it!
It would have been more fun if the car had crashed into another car. Then it woulda been a real UPD. Especially since it's a Belgian car. In NL, Belgians are seen as dangers on the road, simply buying their driver's license instead of passing for them. I reckon every country will have such a scape-goat neighbouring country, like Sweden is to Denmark.

I think pictures can show more than words sometimes and point out how much of a uni-addicts we really are. For me I am just as hooked as I was when I started 3.5 years ago.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 10:57 AM   #334
Setonix
Unicyclist

Have another actually that I thought of this morning.
Ur a unicyclist when.... you buy 7 unicycle T-shirts, one for each day of the week. I bought 2 of the same a while back, so quite a few shy of a week
Old 2018-10-22, 02:56 PM   #335
Canoeheadted
Unicyclist

...even spambots can get you talking.
Canoeheadted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 04:43 PM   #336
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
Ur a unicyclist when.... you buy 7 unicycle T-shirts, one for each day of the week. I bought 2 of the same a while back, so quite a few shy of a week
I have more unicycle T-shirts than regular shirts. On conventions, I usually don't get the T-shirt, unless it's a really outstanding design. Aside from EUC T-shirts, most of them really aren't that good looking.

I'm probably different than a lot of people on this forum, but I'm kinda over being "the unicycle guy". Unicycling has brought me to amazing places, taught me a lot, got me to know a lot of nice people and will continue to be a big part of what I do in my spare time. But I'd kinda like to not be known by everyone I meet as "the guy with the unicycle".
Old 2018-10-22, 06:57 PM   #337
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnspin View Post
I have more unicycle T-shirts than regular shirts. On conventions, I usually don't get the T-shirt, unless it's a really outstanding design. Aside from EUC T-shirts, most of them really aren't that good looking.

I'm probably different than a lot of people on this forum, but I'm kinda over being "the unicycle guy". Unicycling has brought me to amazing places, taught me a lot, got me to know a lot of nice people and will continue to be a big part of what I do in my spare time. But I'd kinda like to not be known by everyone I meet as "the guy with the unicycle".
I see what you mean and being the unicycle-guy is a bit like being the odd-one-out. At my office, they see me as the computer nerd, and frown upon my riding a unicycle. Outside of colleagues I don't have so many friends or a lot of contact with others, so I just ride alone on my uni in the forest, mostly in the more remote places where there aren't any forest strollers and only some mountain bikers. Being human shy and riding a unicycle are quite the opposites, but I can easily shut ppl out ^_^
Old 2018-10-23, 05:39 AM   #338
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
And everyone gets it!
Except for the Detroit unicyclists. They might react by saying "What's a Volkswagen Polo?"

Okay, that's probably only funny to me, a guy who became a unicyclist in Michigan. Also a bit of a car nerd; I used to see one VW Polo, driving the same route at the same time every day in the early 80s, with manufacturers' license plates (also a Michigan thing). I think they were testing the car for the American market, but I don't think they ever introduced it here.

Quote:
In NL, Belgians are seen as dangers on the road, simply buying their driver's license instead of passing for them. I reckon every country will have such a scape-goat neighbouring country, like Sweden is to Denmark.
In the US it's states. In my world, those were New Jersey and Florida. Both states that had notoriously easy road tests, on private land instead of in real-world traffic. Sorry, people from those states. It doesn't mean you didn't learn to be a good driver, just that you didn't have to prove it on your test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnspin View Post
I have more unicycle T-shirts than regular shirts.
I have a lot of unicycle T-shirts. A way lot. Like really a lot. Big plastic bins full. For the major conventions I go to (USA and IUF) I always get the shirt, even though, as Finnspin says, many of them aren't that good looking. I accumulate extras, which I end up giving away at other conventions, or as prizes at Muni Weekends. Hopefully to people that will appreciate them. Some are more memorable than others, such as the Greg Harper "I'm too sexy" shirt, with the one-piece bathing suit.
Attached Images

"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 05:35 PM   #339
pierrox
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoeheadted View Post
...even spambots can get you talking.
You're saying that for John and Mikeful and others who dived right into a new newbie thread a day or so ago?
pierrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 08:49 PM   #340
Canoeheadted
Unicyclist

Maybe.
Canoeheadted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unicyclist