Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycling Articles and Tutorials

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-04-01, 02:51 PM   #76
rksUni

Tire Grab Free Mount...not with a tiny uni

Unfortunately, I've not found a way to make the tire grab free mount work with my 16" uni. Maybe I need a bigger uni???
rksUni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 04:16 PM   #77
elpuebloUNIdo
Viva la revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksUni View Post
Unfortunately, I've not found a way to make the tire grab free mount work with my 16" uni. Maybe I need a bigger uni???
Are you unable to grab the tire, or are you unable to ride away from the mount?

Here's a different mount you can try. I'll describe it on one side, and you can practice it either way (both left and right are good for learning): Put your left foot on the pedal in the 6:00 position. Keep the seat in front of you, pushing up against your lower abdomen. Grab the seat handle firmly with your left hand. Hold your right arm out for balance. Your left leg can also be hugging the frame of the unicycle. From this stable position, try lifting your right foot off the ground and balancing momentarily. Don't attempt to place your right foot on the 12:00 pedal until you can balance for at least 2-3 seconds with your right foot dangling and your right arm flailing. Later, you can carefully place the right foot on the 12:00 pedal, push the seat under you with your left hand and ride away. You should have no problem pedaling out of the weak, 6:00/12:00 position on a small-wheeled unicycle. Mounting in the 6:00/12:00 is not ideal in many situations. Don't worry, however, about what's ideal. Start from whatever works.
elpuebloUNIdo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy, freemount, lunatic, mount, newbies, works