View Single Post
Old 2004-09-26, 03:46 AM   #15
dogbowl
Member, Sun28 Appreciation Society

Allright, alright, I admit it...

I don't agree with EVERYTHING "Liberal" either...

I've had some pretty nasty fights with some PC Politically Correct liberals in my time.

Generally, I'm on the left when it comes to things like funding education, social services, respecting labor unions, access to health care, bread and butter things...

But I guess my appreciation of first person shooter video games, topless bars, cigars and alcohol keeps me out of the PC wing of the liberal world.

And as much as I don't agree with conservatives like Limbaugh and Hannity, I have to admit that I have tuned into their shows quite a lot because it's totally entertaining and often really funny, and sometimes I'll hear something that makes me think "sure, I understand that," and honestly, I'll agree with an odd thing or two.

When you think about it, the word "Liberal" has been demonized so much these past 15 years, that there are a lot of people (like me) who are wearing it as a badge of honor. The American left, in whatever form it took, emerged from past labor movements as a voice for the working class--not everyone agrees, but that's how I see it--and that's one of the reasons I call myself a liberal...

Anyway, back to the fights! There is an election going on! Everyone is wired! (as it should be...)

All I want out of life is to be able to ride the unicycle while smoking a cigar at the same time. Is that too much to ask for?
www.dogbowl.com / www.eyeballplanet.com
dogbowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05536 seconds with 9 queries