View Single Post
Old 2017-12-19, 02:21 AM   #1398
Up Rite
There can only be ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
It just depends on how and where you ride. If you only ride distance then death is out of the question, as long as you are not mauled down by a car or truck ^_^. Doing stunts on factory chimneys hundreds of metres above the ground or along the edge of a dam, you must have a death wish. With careful riding and protection, the chance of serious injuries is pretty small I think.
My sis rides horses and she had a concussion twice even with a cap and once the horse fell on top of her, leaving her in a wheelchair for 2 months. The chance of being in such a situation on a uni is mighty small. (she thinks riding a uni is scary ^_^)
Some folks think I am a wild and crazy adventurer. In truth I would rather avoid high risk and remain free of serious injury to be able to continue taking on new interesting things.

I am definitely not fearless, one thing that terrifies me: riding in traffic. When I lived in a small town I would ride a motorcycle or bicycle everywhere for transportation, then I moved into a big city. Went through a lot of underwear and eventually took the cowards way out, and stuck to 4 wheels. I haven't ridden any form of cycle for transportation since.

Human gyroscope in training.

Up Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08633 seconds with 9 queries